Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return To Darkfall 14 days Free

Options
  • 26-04-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

This was supposed to start today, Monday April 26th however we thought of adding a last minute functionality for those that choose to use it: allow free transfer to the returning players from EU to NA servers so NA players can play in their own territory. Unfortunately the change isn't up and running yet, and the Return to Darkfall will most likely start tomorrow.

As previously announced we are inviting players who stopped playing on or before March 31st 2010 to come back and try Darkfall for 14 days for free. The 14 days start running from the moment you activate your account and the offer to do so is available until May 31st.

More information will be posted tomorrow on how to re-activate your account.

I will be happy to help any people returning just send me a tell ingame or here on neilk bergane IG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Bastards.
    I resubbed on Saturday.
    Then again having some players of my level around would be good.
    mounts go for 800-1000 now. When I quit they were going for 250.
    Can you still wallkick? I know a good spot where you can wallkick loads of elfshades. Though it used to be pretty much camped out by some blatant speed-hackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Nah the wall kicking is gone a long time now mate last summer they took it out :) But mobs are much easier now anyway so it's no problems. Steedgrass sells for even more than mounts because people use it to level their taming skill 200-400 gold more. We have some good mobs near our city on Yssam the lads could show you if you ask in clan chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

As previously announced we are inviting players who stopped playing on or before March 31st 2010 to come back and try Darkfall for 14 days for free. The 14 days start running from the moment you reactivate your account and the offer to do so is available until May 31st.

To reactivate your account you have to know your account name and use the following links:

EU accounts need to follow this link (EU)

NA accounts need to follow this link (NA)

Returning NA players that haven't done so already can transfer to the NA server for free by using the account transfer functionality. The transfer will take place after the following maintenance cycle.

We are looking forward to your feedback and we are working on events to welcome you back, we hope you enjoy your return to Darkfall experience.

updated today.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4230990#post4230990

Seems to be quite a few turning up for this offer
    I honestly didnt expect it at all. Very strange. Some of the old Bad Boys For Life guild even came back and it got me thinking....

With Mortal Onlines terrible forecast, there could very well be a huge influx of players again to DF, if the Devs work it right ofcourse.

They are starting to communicate a little better now, most notably in this thread;
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=244731

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I might have come back and tried it, but i sold my account back when it was impossible to get the game. If (when) i get bored of AoC again, i might give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

I took a break for a few months as I was moving to a new place and had no internet etc setup. Back loving the game as much as ever now and looking forward to the expansions promised this year.

If you haven't checked the game out in a while you should definately have another look, there's nothing else like it at the moment. Many people inactive at the moment though waiting for patches. The majority of Lux Arcana are inactive at the moment but things will be busy again if the next expansion is a success.

Kiith wrote: »
    I might have come back and tried it, but i sold my account back when it was impossible to get the game. If (when) i get bored of AoC again, i might give it a try.

You can pick up a week trial for a euro if you want to check it out..

I had some epic fight in aldenfau the other day fighting over a cottage about to timeout at 9 in the morning with some lux guys, me and forgotten got it in the end though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chronus

yeah well i quit darkfall many months ago, it's good to see they have fixed the mobs and stuff

well the one and only thing i don't like about darkfall is that it has no cap. (or used to) In my opinion it would have been so much better having a hard cap ;)
    i know some will disagree though

you guys from here were all BB4L?

Me and Kokane were from bb4l. Well the specializations make it so a cap isn't really needed and the prestige classes help again. But Kokane is a magic whore it won't affect him but he does love his ray spells .

• Advertisement

neilk32 wrote: »
    Me and Kokane were from bb4l. Well the specializations make it so a cap isn't really needed and the prestige classes help again. But Kokane is a magic whore it won't affect him but he does love his ray spells .

lol, I'll **** anyone up in Melee. Archery might be my weakest, since I dont use it enough.
    Chronus wrote: »
    yeah well i quit darkfall many months ago, it's good to see they have fixed the mobs and stuff

well the one and only thing i don't like about darkfall is that it has no cap. (or used to) In my opinion it would have been so much better having a hard cap ;)
    i know some will disagree though

you guys from here were all BB4L?

Yeah, at first I really didnt like the no skillcap idea, since I was coming from 11 years of Ultima Online.
    The most affected by it would be crafters, but the masterys for crafting are still hard to train so dedicated crafters can still make a little business. To make business in DF, its more about how you trade and do offers from day to day. Its not just about - have skill, will craft.

I've gotten used to the no skillcap idea and it works nicely. You can only have 1 character still and every patch they further implement custimization for templates and styles of play. Its mostly been pvp orientated but I think crafting will get some love soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chronus

good stuff, it seems they have really implemented content and customization. Back then, I felt like the no cap thing would mean "eternal grind" so it kinda bothered me. I hear it's a lot better since the changes they made in the mobs and all, leveling got easier so less grind and less blood wall = more pvp, which is awesome.

I remember my last two weeks, roaming arround with my clan mates to find some pvp and walking huge distances to actually find people doing stuff. Mostly everyone (the ones still playing, as many ppl quit those days) were just inside their alliance cities macroing magic, etc, or hitting the blood wall, preparing for NA. It kinda sucked... So the only way to get some action is to actually break into clan cities, i remember once me and 3 other guys jumping the walls of the merc's and killing two guys, the next secont there were other 10 - 12 guys chasing us lol it was good fun

well activity and population have increased slightly but it needs to be more. AV have successfully pulled back some old and new players. I hope they do something quick to keep them.

The game could still use more day to day content.

The $1/1euro Darkfall trial ends tomorrow Friday May 7th at 9pm GMT. This trial will be replaced by a new trial offer in a couple of weeks time.

Posted today by Tasos.

neilk32 wrote: »
    I had some epic fight in aldenfau the other day fighting over a cottage about to timeout at 9 in the morning with some lux guys, me and forgotten got it in the end though :)

Oh nice, who was there from Lux?

nin2010 wrote: »
    Oh nice, who was there from Lux?

Can't think of the names now there was some dwarves and a female human I think. Sold the cottage for 408k last week :D

Advertisement