Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for dedicated musicians

Options
  • 26-04-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi. I am musician looking to form or join a band. Recently I've tried out a few different bands and so far haven't found what I'm looking for, so I've decided I would put up a page.

I'm looking for people who are serious about music, but are also easy to work with. Ideally I would like to work with a semi professional band that could develop the potential to be a full time band. The main thing I'm looking for is people who love music and are willing to work.

My main instruments are guitar, clarinet and vocals. I also play melodica, bass, bodhrán, blues harp and a few others. I'm 27, live near Dublin City Center and have been playing music most of my life. I teach music and love most styles of music once it has real feeling. I am also a sound engineer and do mostly studio work.

My favourite types of music are 60/70's rock, blues, funk, soul, folk, latin, and alternative or experimental music. I have played in few different styles of bands playing different instruments: Guitar - acoustic, nylon, steel string, slide, rhythm guitar, lead guitar. bass, clarinet, backing vocals, melodica, glockenspiel, keys, percussion, didj, computer based synthesis, sound scaping and sequencing. I've played in the following style of bands: 60's rock, Prog rock, Psychedelic rock, experimental and electronic, blues, folk, funk.

I am focusing on clarinet and guitar. I have a nice customized analogue multi fx set-up for my electric guitar that I have been using recently. I want to make music people can move to and that engages the audience. Music with good dynamics and soulful feeling.

So if there is anyone out there who there who identifies with me or is looking for a dedicated musician to work with I would love to here from you.

Chers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dill90

Smusik wrote: »
    Hi. I am musician looking to form or join a band. Recently I've tried out a few different bands and so far haven't found what I'm looking for, so I've decided I would put up a page.

I'm looking for people who are serious about music, but are also easy to work with. Ideally I would like to work with a semi professional band that could develop the potential to be a full time band. The main thing I'm looking for is people who love music and are willing to work.

My main instruments are guitar, clarinet and vocals. I also play melodica, bass, bodhrán, blues harp and a few others. I'm 27, live near Dublin City Center and have been playing music most of my life. I teach music and love most styles of music once it has real feeling. I am also a sound engineer and do mostly studio work.

My favourite types of music are 60/70's rock, blues, funk, soul, folk, latin, and alternative or experimental music. I have played in few different styles of bands playing different instruments: Guitar - acoustic, nylon, steel string, slide, rhythm guitar, lead guitar. bass, clarinet, backing vocals, melodica, glockenspiel, keys, percussion, didj, computer based synthesis, sound scaping and sequencing. I've played in the following style of bands: 60's rock, Prog rock, Psychedelic rock, experimental and electronic, blues, folk, funk.

I am focusing on clarinet and guitar. I have a nice customized analogue multi fx set-up for my electric guitar that I have been using recently. I want to make music people can move to and that engages the audience. Music with good dynamics and soulful feeling.

So if there is anyone out there who there who identifies with me or is looking for a dedicated musician to work with I would love to here from you.

Chers.
    hey man dat sounds good to me. Im in the middle of making a band at the moment and were looking for a singer. Im 21 and have been playing guitar for 12 years and i am also a sound engineeer.Im into making original music if your up for dat? i can send you some of our music if you give me ur email.Is dere anywhere i can hear your stuff?? let me know if your interested cheeers

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Midnight organ

Id be interested in the singer position,
    20,based in north dublin,p.m me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 monkeyjoyrider

Hey, im 27, guitarist, i play my own music and looking for a band. influences are the police, the smiths, roxy music, u2, kate bush, soundgarden, smashing pumpkins etc. If you are still looking for someone who is serious and commited then let me know, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Smusik

Thanks everyone for the replies. Have a good few months work at least set up now. Chers again everyone. :)

Advertisement