Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Caravan Club Vs Irish Camping & Caravan Council

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Not sure where exactly to post this but you guys might have some views.

Have a caravan with over a year, toured a few places in Ireland, France last Summer, England this summer.

Anyway, the above 2 organisations seem very similiar in terms of goals/objectives and how they operate - rallies at particular sites on particular weekends. On looking at the websites I'm drawn a bit more to the ICCC, seems less formal than Caravan Club. Anyone has any views?, is one group more suited to any particular tyoe of person than the other?

Married, 2 young boys, looking for the social side of things, play for the lads, a sing song and a few beers for my good lady and myself. Wouldnt mind a decent deal on a ferry to France which ICCC seems to hint at (decent dates I wonder - you need to join to get all details).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We joined the Caravan Club a few years back and have been on a few meets. We've enjoyed meeting up and the kids certainly enjoyed it. Very well organised too. Time constraints don't allow us meet up as often as we'd like. I enjoy the monthly magazine which in itself is worth the membership. We've also stayed on some of the CC sites in the UK which are immaculate.

My neighbour is with the ICCC and speaks very highly of the club. They seem to be away practically every weekend with the club. There appears to be lots to entertain the entire family.

I can't tell you what club to join but you could certainly contact either club and avail of an free introductary meet to decide which suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Not sure of my facts here but AFAIK the CC are more strict about 'quiet time' after 11.00pm being observed than the ICCC. So if you need to get the zzzzzz's in before the wee small hours or have young children perhaps the CC might be your bag, but don't quote me.
    Running for cover now and putting on my hard hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

In the end I went for ICCC, mainly because they go to Parsons Green site in Tipperary which is a great place for kids.

The noise thing shouldnt be that much of an issue - lads would be asleep by 9 anyway and once they're off they're off (i.e. we can watch a bit of telly in the caravan after they've gone to sleep).

Advertisement