Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Axle Stands

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Unfort had a bit of difficulty with the MINI this week and I am in need of 4 axle stands.

I was wondering whether anyone here might have a set that they wouldnt mind me borrowing for a week.

Of course you would be compensated with a few beers or whatever is your poison.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I would advise against using 4 axle stands to support your car if you're working under it. If you must, stick some wheels under it too just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Lidl were doing a pair of stands for a tenner not so long ago. Roughly the same price as a couple of beers. I'd say shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Yeah unfort the Lidl dont seem to be doing them at the moment.

Wont be working under the car but thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Whereabouts are you located??

Sorry meant to say located near UCD but would be willing to travel a reasonable distance if anyone could help.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ah right. Doubt you'd want to travel to Thurles then :D

A little far unfortunately

Advertisement