Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I sit back and watch undeserving people sail through life?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

K will make this brief. A person I know has opened their own business in their field of work. They have breached client confidentiality before on numerous occasions on quite sensitive matters and made a laugh out of them slagged them off etc, I fell victim to this aswell. Now they have their own business and it just makes me sick that someone so undeserving and poisonus is thriving whilst making a mockery of those who are paying her wages. What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If they're breaking the law, report them.

If they have broken the law in regards to you, sue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was going with the whole rise above it they'll have no luck for it approach how wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

dont tell them anymore personal information. Apart from that theres not much else you can do let them off. life isnt fair and often the d!cks get ahead in life and theres nothing anyone can do about it

you don't need to give any personal information for the type of business i'm speaking of and can still have personal stuff said about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Karma doesn't always come around immediately. But it does come around eventually. Wait and see.

• Advertisement

K will make this brief. A person I know has opened their own business in their field of work. They have breached client confidentiality before on numerous occasions on quite sensitive matters and made a laugh out of them slagged them off etc, I fell victim to this aswell. Now they have their own business and it just makes me sick that someone so undeserving and poisonus is thriving whilst making a mockery of those who are paying her wages. What would you do?
    Let it go, the only person you will hurt with your anger and bitterness is you.

dfgdfgdfgd wrote: »
    Let it go, the only person you will hurt with your anger and bitterness is you.

I was waiting for someone to pull out the "bitterness" card, i'm not bitter its just not easy to sit idly by knowing this person is probably down the town mouthing about her clients and they're probably none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

TitoPuente wrote: »
    Karma doesn't always come around immediately. But it does come around eventually. Wait and see.
    How do you know that? I can't understand why people refer to "karma" as if it's a guarantee. Maybe nothing will happen to them?

I was waiting for someone to pull out the "bitterness" card, i'm not bitter its just not easy to sit idly by knowing this person is probably down the town mouthing about her clients and they're probably none the wiser.

Bitterness or not... just get on with your own life and forget about them. If you go around badmouthing people, you'll get a bad reputation for yourself. Regardless of whether it's justified or not.

What are you talking about I haven't bad mouthed anyone this person has lost everyone that was her friend because of what she's like.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about I haven't bad mouthed anyone this person has lost everyone that was her friend because of what she's like.

Look, my point is that if you're going around saying negative things to this person's clients to get their clients to leave them, you could end up getting yourself in serious trouble. If you're not believed, you could get yourself a bad reputation as a bitter, dangerous person who spreads vicious gossip. Or worse, you could end up getting prosecuted for defamation.

She's lost all her friends, sounds like a fairly crap thing to happen to anyone. So why do you think she's sailing through life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Is she a beautician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Get over it. Karma is just something that people tell themselves exists to make themselves feel better about getting screwed over. Reality is that if karma existed, I'd be dead by now and others who are far more deserving than me would be alive - instead good and bad fortune hits us all with equal indifference.

Best thing that I can advise is don't get mad, get even and if you can't get even get on with your life. If you can successfully sue this woman for breach of contract or intellectual theft, then do so. Do not bad mouth her (in writing at least) as then she could sue you for libel.

But in the end, if there is nothing you can do, then put it behind you and move on. Bitterness and revenge will end up dominating your life if you let them and in the long run they only harm you and those around you and gain you nothing.

Reality is that if karma existed, I'd be dead by now and others who are far more deserving than me would be alive

Death isn't the worst thing that can happen to anyone. Having an awful life is far worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Death isn't the worst thing that can happen to anyone. Having an awful life is far worse
    Well I don't have an awful life either, but that is not the point - the rest of my post was.

TitoPuente wrote: »
    Look, my point is that if you're going around saying negative things to this person's clients to get their clients to leave them, you could end up getting yourself in serious trouble. If you're not believed, you could get yourself a bad reputation as a bitter, dangerous person who spreads vicious gossip. Or worse, you could end up getting prosecuted for defamation.

I never said anything to anyones clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Get over it. Karma is just something that people tell themselves exists to make themselves feel better about getting screwed over. Reality is that if karma existed, I'd be dead by now and others who are far more deserving than me would be alive - instead good and bad fortune hits us all with equal indifference.

Best thing that I can advise is don't get mad, get even and if you can't get even get on with your life. If you can successfully sue this woman for breach of contract or intellectual theft, then do so. Do not bad mouth her (in writing at least) as then she could sue you for libel.

But in the end, if there is nothing you can do, then put it behind you and move on. Bitterness and revenge will end up dominating your life if you let them and in the long run they only harm you and those around you and gain you nothing.

+1
    We all know good people who have had real tragedy like the loss of a child, is this Karma ? I think not.
    If there is no legal action that can be taken against this woman, please do not waste anymore of your life stressing over it.
    Move on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

i think what titopuento means is this:
    you dont want this person to have clients because the person laughs about it and tells everyone. the only way to get her clients to stop visiting her is if you tell them what she is like, which is the badmouthing part. she never said you were badmouthing but just saying dont contact these clients because that would be badmouthing.

sometimes things happen, lifes a bitch but unless you stoop to their level nothing will happen and at the end of the day she already has received her comeuppance if she has lost all her friends. Whenever i get pissed off about other people sailing through i think about what i have and what makes me lucky, and try and replace negative thoughts about them with positive ones about my life. sometimes in works sometimes not.

Advertisement