Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freelance film editor available

Options
  • 26-04-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Thanks for the advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

what software do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

I use adobe premiere pro CS3, also teaching myself to use after effects as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If you're planning on selling yourself as a freelance editor you should really learn both Avid and Final Cut Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah

none of the major stations or companies use adobe premiere.

You'll need Avid and Final Cut Pro without a doubt.

I know for a fact city channel use avid, the company I worked for until recently (DCTV) and all their productions companies across dublin use Final Cut Pro. And so on its a pitter patter of those, final cut pro would be more common with smaller companies so I recommend learning that first (and its almost identical to adobe premiere, avid is slightly different)

Learning after effects is a good idea though, if you are going freelance having after effects will be a right feather in your cap as smaller companies would hire you if you are willing to cover more aspects of post production.

But Final Cut Pro and AVID are musts. (I went years without AVID and lost out on numerous jobs because so.)

Advertisement