Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing cheque?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick question and maybe a silly one but I don't know the answer and have got different answers from people!

I have been given a BOI cheque and I have no account with them but can I still I cash this cheque that is in my name? I will be going to the branch bank of the account the cheque was written from. I want to try cash it because I have a feeling it will just bounce on me and I don't want to wait 3 days to find out. :mad:

Thanks in advance.
    smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Jemmy wrote: »
    Hi,

Quick question and maybe a silly one but I don't know the answer and have got different answers from people!

I have been given a BOI cheque and I have no account with them but can I still I cash this cheque that is in my name? I will be going to the branch bank of the account the cheque was written from. I want to try cash it because I have a feeling it will just bounce on me and I don't want to wait 3 days to find out. :mad:

Thanks in advance.
    smile.gif

You should be just able to walk into the branch that the cheque is from and cash it. You will require photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Thanks, got it sorted. :)

Advertisement