Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Team Impressed you most this off-season

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

NYJ - The D got tougher and the O got wider and longer.
    Seahawks - Pete Carroll made some great decisions andn some pretty obvious ones too. He has it all to lose now but we all know that the Seahawks management aren't a patient board. Just ask Jim Mora Jr.

Oh, the Broncos........ Teebow to win Special Teams player of the year ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Ravens

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The Munky wrote: »
    Which Team Impressed you most this off-season?

What results do we have to hand?

Regarding the draft and free-agency, check back in 3 years' time.

Pherekydes wrote: »

If this was the out look of everyone there would be absolutely no discussion on these boards. . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Pherekydes wrote: »

No harm in predicting who had the best off season using the what we feel was the best on paper drafting, trading and wheeling and dealing. We can make our opinions based on our predictions of whats to come. Sure we could be wrong but no harm in it.

For me as hard as it is to say it, The Jets I feel are making huge strides to making themselves better. All they need now is a better QB :p And they are laughing but man that Defense is rock solid.

Also impressed with the Lions Suh and Best in my eyes will make an instant impact for a rebuilding team. If they continue to issue their needs over the next couple of years they could be back to being a team with a winning record. I like the way the are still drafting toward the future. As for their trades Scheffler I feel will be a good asset to them and G Cranfield and Sims from Seattle could add depth and strength to that O-line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 redeal

Not really sure myself who had the best draft. I'm a 49ers fan so fairly happy with how it turned out for us. :)

Seattle did good. :(

Don't know how good Bradford is but surely he will make the rams 100% better. Commentators just seem to say that he was the best QB on the board so he was the natural 1st pick. Not sure if that means he's true quality or if it means he could be a washout in the future.:confused:
    Most of the QB's seem to have a poor rating. Who know's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Ravens i think were the best. 49ers after them, i think blount as a FA agent signing could prove a masterstroke, improving the line will stand to them too, they want to run the ball, let's see if you can win in the pass happy NFL with that process. Seattle look to have improved but a lot of it is on a one-year basis on paper, let's see what happens. Oakland look good but you have to ask if McClain will be motivated, he looked seriously annoyed to me when he got picked, Raiders have to hope he won't sulk until he gets traded. I also think they coulda got a lot more for morrison.
    Would have liked to see lions trade up to take myron rolle (maybe they'll go after sharper even though he doesn't fit that well) and hope they sign henderson on a reasonable two year deal but aside from that happy enough. They still need cornerback help desperately, not just for depth, so have to hope they'll do something impressive to get that.
    Cards wise, I'm happy out, plenty of positives but could have done with OL improvement. Still, happy enough with what transpired

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Seahawks by a country mile for me.

The Jets have brought in players that potentially bring them a superbowl but there are too many problems with what they've done for my liking. Firstly everything will be fine until they lose a couple of games, I would hate to be in that locker room if they lose two in a row. You will definitely see finger pointing as there are too many potential locker room cancers. Also they have left themselves in a very precarious situation moving forward as there are a huge number of players now with one year contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

jdivision wrote: »
    i think blount as a FA agent signing could prove a masterstroke, improving the line will stand to them too,

He ended up signing for Titans, again that's as good as going to 49ers. I wish he was signed by lions. Kid, temperament permitting, is potentially a star

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭bobo the clown

I agree with most being said here. Jets are looking good on D but as you said lots of 1 year contracts... Seahawks had a great draft. 3 potential starters this year at least is amzing even though they had 2 1st round picks but Tate was a no-brainer for them . Dont know how he fell that far but for me the team that this draft could work out best for is the 49ers. If there 1st 2 picks work out their o-line could be the best in the league along with the potential of Davis Gore Ginn and Crabtree. Pity their Quarterbacks are crap though. ..

Plus the eagles stockpiled picks and took 13 ? players i think.. If you throw that many at a wall .some will definetly stick... Hopefully we get a few solid players out of them 13.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

In the draft it's the Seahawks I'm impressed with. In the off-season I think Brandon Marshall's move to Miami will be huge for Henne, despite any baggage.

• Advertisement

In the draft it's the Seahawks I'm impressed with. In the off-season I think Brandon Marshall's move to Miami will be huge for Henne, despite any baggage.

I think boldin's move is better. IMO boldin is a better player and has no baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I think boldin's move is better. IMO boldin is a better player and has no baggage.

I understand but Flacco's been relatively successful in the past few years with his receivers like Mason but Henne hasn't had a 'pure' receiver yet; Ginn, Bess, Camarillo haven't been like that. I think Marshall going to the Dolphins is a fresh start for him and I'm sure Parcells will be involved in keeping him in line.

I think Marshall is the slightly better player, over the last three years his receptions, starts, touchdowns, yards have been significant. I like Boldin's move but will be keeping an eye on Marshall - this coming me being a bit of a critic of him.

Advertisement