Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yasmine pill

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.. ok just need some opinions or some light at end of tunnel.. started yasmine pill 3 months ago and since taking it say from month 2.. my moods and honestly depression like symptoms (not had depression before so apologies to anyone suffering from it for presuming this how it feels) seem to be getting so bad.. i am literally sitiing here crying writing this.. i feel like boyf doesn't care if he changes plans.. i feel like screaming at him but dunno if im being irrational or not.. i just cry at drop of a hat

I really feel like it's messing with my mind..
    anyone else feel like this taking it..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Hi there,

Although I never used the yasmine pill specifically, I remember the pill had severe side effects for me too. It gave me terrible moodswings and I was hell to be around untill I came off it two years ago, best thing I ever did.

If the pill makes you feel depressed discuss this with your GP, as it might not be a suitable contraception for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Op,

I'm exactly the same as you. Except I've been on Yasmin for over 2 years.

It's gotten to a stage where I don't feel like me anymore and don't know how my boyfriend is still with me.

I just get so moody one minute then I'm an emotional wreck the next.

I'm finishing up this pack and coming off it for a month or 2 to see if it makes any major difference.

It's good that you've associated these feelings with your pill so early and I'd definitely suggest you talk to your doctor now as this brand might not be suitable for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Hi OP,

My OH uses Yasmin and experienced these symptoms for the first 6 weeks. We were worried and researched the yasmin website and also consulted GP. She is fine with this pill, but if you are experiencing symptoms for a long period, YOU MUST see your GP.

There are many different pills on the market and a doctor is best placed to advise you on which is most suitable.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

Hi all.. ok just need some opinions or some light at end of tunnel.. started yasmine pill 3 months ago and since taking it say from month 2.. my moods and honestly depression like symptoms (not had depression before so apologies to anyone suffering from it for presuming this how it feels) seem to be getting so bad.. i am literally sitiing here crying writing this.. i feel like boyf doesn't care if he changes plans.. i feel like screaming at him but dunno if im being irrational or not.. i just cry at drop of a hat

I really feel like it's messing with my mind..
    anyone else feel like this taking it..

thanks

i think i am. i cant remember the name of my one but i'm pretty sure that thats the one i am on. if not apologies! My moods seem to be fine (most of the time!) you should go and see your doctor, maybe he could put you on a different one. And please try not to worry, it gets you nowhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Yes I have just come off Yasmin after about 3.5 years and I am adamant that it was making me feel down. Don't rely too much on your doctor's opinion, I came to mine with concerns about depression within months of going on the pill and she constantly dismissed my concerns. Of course she would she was making alot of money from my six monthly appointments! Now that I'm off it I can already feel the difference, I only wish I had followed my instinct sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Every pill affects every woman differently - but it's quite possible that Yasmin is at fault here. Go to your GP and discuss alternatives. Don't put up with this - there are other forms of pill and contraception out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

Yasmin reaLLY messed me up...
    i was on it about a year and a half...

it gave me crazy mood swings and bad U.Is.
    my doctor only prescribed them to me then (2004) because it was a trail run as it had not yet been medicially approved by the E.U

obviously i didnt get pregnant, but the side effects where sooooo bad i changed.

change asap... in a month you'll be back to normal moods

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Hi OP,

I've been on Yasmine for 3 years and I feel fine. The only side effect for me is that it has made my periods lighter than they were (thank God!). You should make an appointment with your GP ASAP and demand to be put on another brand.

Remember though, it can take a few attempts to find the right pill for your body so don't get disheartened if the second attempt isn't much better.

Best of luck,

CR

• Registered Users Posts: 9 auldnag

I used yasmin and it mad me slightly depressed, I moved on to yasminelle which has a lower dosage and I felt better. I have tried various brands of the pill over the years and they've all had different side effects for me so its worth your while trying out different ones until you find a pill that suites you best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Hey OP, sorry to hear that you're not doing so well. When I first went on the pill about 2 years ago it took me a while to find one that worked for me. I started on Microlite which didn't suit me so I went to my GP and switched to another one, which was Yasmin. Didn't like Yasmin at all as it totally killed my sex drive and totally undermined the reason for being on the pill in the first place! I'm on Ovranette now with no side effects.

Visit your GP and explain your situation and get her/him to give you a prescription for a different pill. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement