Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, April 27th @21:15 in 3RR - Boardeaux V Templeogue Astros

Options
  • 26-04-2010 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - Inj
    Ed - inj
    Keith - In
    Glenn - In
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Eoin - In
    Gav - Work
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - inj
    Dave - Out
    Jules - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same deal as two weeks ago.

I'm in but have a Semi-Final at 8 so probably won't be there till about 9.30.

After this week my season should be completely wrapped up (it's already ran on a week and a half longer than it was supposed to) and I'll be able to commit to every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

out for this one and probably for a few more weeks :(. im off the crutches and able to walk again and my leg is hopefully ok for physio in a few days time, but still along way from being right.

this has to be 3 points, it wont be an easy game, but we have to believe that weve enough quality to win this one. i hope to be able to make it over to watch this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

GK

Clay

Defenders

Andy
    Cathal
    Dan
    Ed - inj
    Keith
    Glenn
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie
    Conor - In
    Derek
    Eoin
    Gav
    Keith
    Kenny

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - inj
    Dave
    Jules - In

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea i'm in

dan got a bad injury tonight playing,so he wont be playing tomorrow nite:( my missus ended up taking him to hospital,he got a terrible gash on his forehead. hopefully he wont be out too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Jesus, sounds nasty! Tell him I was asking for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

!!VENUE CHANGE!!

MEETING @ THREE ROCK AT 8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My games has been called off.

I'll be there at 8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So if one were to get the 16 to the grange I'd be in the right place?

• Advertisement

Yeh, 16 goes right by it. Brings back bad memories of 90 minute bus journeys to games when I lived in Santry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sorted, it goes by my college too

Lost 3 nil. We were very poor. 2 errors from myself for their first two goals, second one went in and that was essentially it. A lot of unfit, lethargic players out there tonight. Didn't win a single second ball by my reckoning. And these lads won't even be in the reckoning come August. Disheartening stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh it was pretty poor stuff, no two ways about it. We just didn't get settled on the ball for any length and our sharpness and fight were below par.

All you can do is chalk it down as a bad night at the office and say we damn sure won't be that bad again for a long time, so next week is the first chance to start putting it right.

Let's not lose perspective though, you don't become a bad team overnight and in Dan, Ed, Ciaran, Gav, Dave, Clay we are missing a fair few established players and communicators.

just put it down to a bad night. dont read too much into it, the last 3 years in our league, the team thats won it started the season poorly each year and won the league by picking up 9 or 10 wins in a row. thats the sort of standart we need to aim for really starting next week. it wont be easy but it is what we need really if we want to win it.

as pointed out, missing alot of players who would all have hoped to be playing a big part, so that would rattle any team this early in the season. should have dan, clay, ciaran and gave back next week, not sure about dave or myself. eitherway, our squad is strong enough, just sounds like everybody was off form last nite. it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TevezAnto

Indeed lads, look at bad night at the office alround. My view and my view only I think we defended to deep meaning massive gap between the middle and forward line... I spent most of the 2nd half running around in our half trying to get the ball and start the play... from next week we need and must put things right (no more room for excuses) or scenarios just results and points.. we will fix this next week and everyone of us will be on top form..

TevezAnto wrote: »
    Indeed lads, look at bad night at the office alround. My view and my view only I think we defended to deep meaning massive gap between the middle and forward line... ..

arrgh, not this again :pac: if it was that simple, everybody would be winning. pushing forward doesnt guarnatee you goals. you need possession in the right areas.just ask barcelona who took 84 minutes to break down a defence last nite.

chances are, that our defeat was simply down to on the night, our entire team played bad and they were very good going forward and pinned us back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

arrgh, not this again :pac: if it was that simple, everybody would be winning. pushing forward doesnt guarnatee you goals. you need possession in the right areas.just ask barcelona who took 84 minutes to break down a defence last nite.

chances are, that our defeat was simply down to on the night, our entire team played bad and they were very good going forward and pinned us back.

In general if the team is passing the ball well, then the defence is able to push up the pitch, not the other way around. We just passed the ball poorly, especially in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TevezAnto

Very true... ah with regards to other teams we shouldn't be worrying if their winning or not or by how many. It is simple... you pass the ball well you can play attacking football (its learn't from an early age) meaning we can spend the game pushing forward getting the ball to the front line and score goals (which is what wins games)... Tuesday is another game and we need to 1. Pass the ball well 2. Everybody be on top form and be looking for it 3. Push forward starting at the back....

On paper it looks and sounds really easy... in practice its also very easy

Advertisement