Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SABA in Dublin tried to kill me (with heat)

Options
  • 26-04-2010 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I was in SABA yesterday for a spot of lunch. For my main I ordered a Spicy Beef Salad with a *** (3 star) heat rating.

Unfortunatly when it arrived, while having dressing on it, it was below a * in heat rating. So not being Spicy I sent it back. The chef must have taken some umbridge because when it came back, it was glowing red with chillis.

It then became at least a 5 star heat rating, tasty but unbearably hot and I can eat hot. It burned. Anyway, long story short I ate it all so as to be victorious.

It would have been nicer had it just come back as a 3 star dish. Also no where near enough cucumber to cool the mouth down.

Rant over. Great restaurant though.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Similar thing happened me in an Indian I occasionally frequent. I'd had a particular dish a couple of times (can't remember which) and asked for it 'a little spicier' than normal. The chef must have saw it as a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I think they are very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You should just ask for chopped chillis and add as much as you need, make everything tastier. I would never ever send a dish back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's kind of hard to adjust the spiciness of a dish after it has finished cooking without screwing up the flavour balance. I would always just eat a milder dish rather than trying to overclock it with chilis.

Advertisement