Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Kelly Stammering Course

Options
  • 25-04-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I recently attended the Patrick Kelly Stammering course in Mullingar and thought i would let other people know about it as it has been great for me. The course is largely based on the PATMAR course which was ran by HSE but due to reduced funding it is now being run by Patrick Kelly and a few others (most of whom are stammerers themselves) on a private voluntary non-profit basis. The course addressed the psycological issues and not only the "surface" speech issues so improvements in speech are more likely to remain long term as opposed to other courses after which people usually lose their fluency and go back to their old ways. Course is ran by great people whom I now class as friends. The course takes places over 6 days and is mentally draining but overall its great craic and has really helped me on a speech and personal level. Website is below if anyone is interested, think they are running a course in Sept/Oct 2010.

http://www.patrickkellystammering.com/

Advertisement