Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Village-2010-2011-fees????

Options
  • 25-04-2010 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi. I intend on staying in Corrib Village later on this year.

I am interested in a single-standard room which costs 4850.00euro (including the 800euro deposit).

From what I have seen, it seems the entire payment for the academic year must be payed in August. Is this true? This would put an awful lot of financial pressure on my family and therefore I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be possible to pay the first semester in August and the second semester in December???

I would be extremely greatful if Somone could help me out as soon as possible smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

My friend had it broken up into two separate payments. One in August, one in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

For the 09/10 academic year you had to pay one installment in August and another in December. I dunno if they've changed that policy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭1992

Oh ok, does anyone know for sure though? Its just I really need to find out?? By the way would people recommend Corrib for a first year going to Galway who doesnt no anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

1992 wrote: »
    Oh ok, does anyone know for sure though? Its just I really need to find out?? By the way would people recommend Corrib for a first year going to Galway who doesnt no anyone???

Email the accommodation office and ask if you want to be sure. It's hugely likely though that you can.

Corrib village for newbies to Galway is a grand place to start. Unless you're very focused on the academic side, have nothing but early starts and hate parties.

Corrib village is mad for parties.
    Good place to meet people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 trakeena

Corrib Village is a great place for first years. The accomodation is a bit crap but it's perfect for first years. The deposit and half the fees are due before you move in and the rest in January. You can reserve a place now and they will refund you your money if you don't get your place in NUIG.

• Advertisement

Corrib village is mad for parties.
    Good place to meet people though

Thats exactly what Im lookin for so it sounds like that would suit me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

1992 wrote: »
    By the way would people recommend Corrib for a first year going to Galway who doesnt no anyone???

I didn't really know anyone beforehand but it was worth the decision to go there. Just go to the big parties that usually happen during the first few nights and you'll be fine. :D

Cheers, thanks for the advive :D

I cant wait now tbh, that is if I get my course :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Amy269

I'm hopin to stay in Corrib Village too this year [if i get my course :P]

COLLEGE IS GNNA BE EPIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

They used to make you pay in 2 instalments, which was tough enough. I've heard it's not a full payment in September. That is an absolutely disgusting way to treat families who are also being asked to pay €2500 for registration, in addition to the other costs like a textbooks etc

Still, Corrib Village treating their customers like crap is nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

They used to make you pay in 2 instalments, which was tough enough. I've heard it's not a full payment in September. That is an absolutely disgusting way to treat families who are also being asked to pay €2500 for registration, in addition to the other costs like a textbooks etc

They backed down from their one instalment policy for next year and now have the option of paying in one big instalment in September (Which is the slightly cheaper option) or paying 2 moieties like everywhere else.
    http://www.corribvillage.com/student/rates.html

Just to mention, they are also in the process of upgrading the WiFi so that each apartment has its own connection as opposed to the old system of each block sharing an absolutely sh*tty connection.
    Still, Corrib Village treating their customers like crap is nothing new.
    That'll never change though :p

Advertisement