Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seven men including Ger Dundon and Jimmy Collins have been remanded in custody

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

'Ye are stitching me up again.' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The charges aren't exactly spectacular.
    Violent disorder, threatening to kill and demanding money with menace.

The latter one in particular will be difficult to make stick as it will most likely require someone to testify against them, unless it was some sort of Garda sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If they charge as being a member of an illegal crime gang then they will get a sentence.

This was just an excuse to arrest them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen them on the 6 o'clock news, did you see the state of the scum loitering outside the cout house cheering them on as they were brought in?

Wearing track suits and pjs with their oompa lumpa tans and hooped earings. Classy...

Berty wrote: »
    If they charge as being a member of an illegal crime gang then they will get a sentence.

This was just an excuse to arrest them.

????

That makes no sense. They haven't been charged with that, if they were going charging them with that then they wouldn't need an "excuse" to arrest them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seen them on the 6 o'clock news, did you see the state of the scum loitering outside the cout house cheering them on as they were brought in?

Wearing track suits and pjs with their oompa lumpa tans and hooped earings. Classy...
    Dont forget the cool white socks pulled up over the trackies.its the fashion dont you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Dont forget the cool white socks pulled up over the trackies.its the fashion dont you know?

And the pimp canes... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    ????

That makes no sense. They haven't been charged with that, if they were going charging them with that then they wouldn't need an "excuse" to arrest them.

How does it not make sense?

They did arrest them for threatening to kill a man in the capacity of being members of gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

i.m.o. it is all a waste of resorces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

bazz26 wrote: »

3 minutes here if anyone missed it

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1071468

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    How does it not make sense?

They did arrest them for threatening to kill a man in the capacity of being members of gangs.

None of the charges listed in the papers today include "in the capacity of being members of gangs".

They just read as straight forward charges for threats and violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

these arrests make no sense to me, unless there are witnesses who are prepared to come forward. Even then, these kinds of charges don't usually carry heavy sentences. Anway, with two of the most important members at liberty, the gang will continue as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Todays irish times has article naming who they threatened, another family under police protection.
    Can't post the link from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Todays irish times has article naming who they threatened, another family under police protection.
    Can't post the link from my phone.

Link

Oh wow, I see that one of them has a hyphenated surname - La di dah thats posh.......

the gang name has a hyphen aslo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike kelly wrote: »
    the gang name has a hyphen aslo

Subhuman-Scum

The gang name, not you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

these arrests make no sense to me, unless there are witnesses who are prepared to come forward. Even then, these kinds of charges don't usually carry heavy sentences. Anway, with two of the most important members at liberty, the gang will continue as usual.

Toatlly agree with you.

First of all i thought last week when this massive garda sting was put in place that wow they are actually gonna charge someone with being a member of a organised criminal gang which i think would be an irish first (dont think the IRA is classed the same) or maybe a more serious charge.

But now with this new information it makes me realise that the guards actually dont have F**K all but some stupid charges on these fellas.. A sure sign the gangs are winnning..

Gangs, be it family run or just a buch of lads are here to stay.. When this crew are gone there is already of line of more violent younger guys to take their place.. sure the names of the gangs might change and the members but what i dont think people realise is right now in our prisons aliances are being made, prisoners segregated (into their respective gang) and plans hatched.. Gang culture is here to stay..

Welcome to 2010

The only absolutely guaranteed way we'll ever see an end to the Gang Criminality in the Sewerage System that is Limerick is to move elsewhere and not ever look back.....

- The Gangs are here to stay, their Customers are Scum and are in no short supply, the Gardaí are there to play there own very limited PR role, driving around in Volvos with red signs on the roof saying "We're burning petrol in a PR bonanza", the Politicians will simply continue to add vacuous soundbites monthly when they think it might sound appropriate.

There is no element involved that threatens the present or future viability of these Gangs.

I noticed that Ger Dundon got free legal aid...

I noticed that Ger Dundon got free legal aid...

Paraphrase - You and I and everyone else on here has to now pay €10,000 for some lowbrow, profiteering, guffawing Solicitor to tell the Judge nonsensical Fairy Stories about how "Ger was out for a walk minding his own business etc. etc. etc."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

????

gets them off the streets while they work on evidence

good ridance to scum if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Ger Dundons Pregnant Girlfriend gets locked up!

From Live 95fm

LIMERICK WOMAN CHARGED WITH INTIMIDATING RELATIVE OF WITNESS

27 May 2010
    The pregnant girlfriend of Ger Dundon has appeared before Limerick District Court charged with intimidating a relative of the only witness in a major investigation into organised crime in Limerick.
    Mother of two, April Collins of Hyde Avenue, Ballinacurra Weston is accused of following the woman into Pennys on O'Connell Street where the offence is alleged to have taken place earlier this week.
    She has been refused bail.
    Live 95FM's Eric Clarke reports:

April Collins is accused of intimidating the alleged injured party in Penny's last Tuesday morning.
    However, Solicitor Sarah Ryan told the court her client, who was pushing a buggy at the time of the alleged offence, is "a regular customer in Pennys" and would have left the store if she realised the woman was there.
    She said the 23-year-old is the primary carer of her two young children and she is expecting another child.
    Ms Ryan said her client would consent to bail conditions which would amount to house arrest to avoid any chance encounter with the injured party's family.

What is happening with Dessie + Noddys appeal? I thought there would be a decision on this by now.

What is happening with Dessie + Noddys appeal? I thought there would be a decision on this by now.

it was rejected, just as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The charges aren't exactly spectacular.
    Violent disorder, threatening to kill and demanding money with menace.

The latter one in particular will be difficult to make stick as it will most likely require someone to testify against them, unless it was some sort of Garda sting.

Dont forget Wayne Dundon got 10 years for threatening to kill !

kilburn wrote: »
    Dont forget Wayne Dundon got 10 years for threatening to kill !

true, when is the trial supposed to start?

Advertisement