Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

transit connect problem

Options
  • 25-04-2010 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

hi to all . I've got a transit connect t230 1.8 litre TDCI which recently started to..kinda not say stall but loose power while driving and not cut out ie. it stays ticking over and the heater plug light flashes at me .while free wheeling along the road if i switch the key off then back on it takes off again . this happened once or twice about 3 months ago and i passed no remarks but now its hard enough started warm or cold and it could stall like this every day 2-6 times ! any one that could shed some light towards a solution would be super. cheers peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

This is usually a fuel pressure problem, if you get it hooked up to a diagnostic interface you will have a code stored (cant remember now what one is v.common for this).
    The problem is usually a lack of fuel pressure in the rail, however the code is quite vague and doesnt hint as to which part is at fault only the fact that the system is unable to deliver the required pressure.
    The problem can lie with items such as the fuel filter, line restriction, h.p pump, suction pump, inlet metering valve, leaking injectors, etc.
    There are 2 ways to go about solving this , you can get a garage to start replacing parts until they replace the problem one which will get expensive at the high press end, or the cheapest way is to go to a workshop that have the methods of testing the above components in situ.
    This means common rail test equipment, scopes etc, which a lot of main dealers may not have but they will still try to replace common parts for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

only after getting word from garage 3 out of 4 injectors leaking thanks for your reply:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I've seen injectors leak on them, although it was only the copper washer, easy fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

had to replace them all at a cost of 155 euro plus vat each no easy fix

Advertisement