Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for best Skype app?

Options
  • 25-04-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Looking to get Skype app.

Had a look on market place and the best two look to be nimbuzz and fring. Will only be using it for Skype on WiFi the odd time, nothing else.
    Either of them better than the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I have never used nimbuzz but I use fring daily and it's a very good app.
    It's good for both MSN and Skype !

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

I have never used nimbuzz but I use fring daily and it's a very good app.
    It's good for both MSN and Skype !

I use Fring and it's excellent. Just be careful to log out when you are finished as its drains battery very quickly when left on. Was used to the Skype app not running on the Iphone when you close the app, but with Fring you need to log off before it stops in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Looks like Fring it is, think I had that on my N95 a while back but didn't really use it much.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I prefer Nimbuzz over Fring. Fring's notification settings can't be changed from what I remember, Nimbuzz seems to have more features too.

Advertisement