Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing tax book for tractor

Options
  • 25-04-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    i bought a tractor in august 98 and never got a tax book with it, wasn't an issue really as the tractor never left the farm until now. see i want to trade the tractor in so i'll need the tax book. i went to the tax office and they gave we the address of the previous registered owner as i bought it from a 3rd party dealer. i rang directory inquires but he doesn't live there anymore.

so now i have to get a form stamped by the commissioner for oats which is no problem. my problem comes with the part that says dealer stamp. how do i get a main dealer to stamp the form if i can't drive the tractor to the dealer, its a ford 4600 so i guess i've to go to a new holland dealer or get them to call out, just wondering has any one here had to do this before? would they stamp it if i took photos of the tractor and serial number and show them? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

josh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Hi,
    i bought a tractor in august 98 and never got a tax book with it, wasn't an issue really as the tractor never left the farm until now. see i want to trade the tractor in so i'll need the tax book. i went to the tax office and they gave we the address of the previous registered owner as i bought it from a 3rd party dealer. i rang directory inquires but he doesn't live there anymore.

so now i have to get a form stamped by the commissioner for oats which is no problem. my problem comes with the part that says dealer stamp. how do i get a main dealer to stamp the form if i can't drive the tractor to the dealer, its a ford 4600 so i guess i've to go to a new holland dealer or get them to call out, just wondering has any one here had to do this before? would they stamp it if i took photos of the tractor and serial number and show them? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

josh

Contact your local New Holland dealer and ask if you could bring in pictures or if they need to send someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hi,

josh

Commssioner for Oaths, not Oats!

BTW how much are you getting for the 4600, I have a weakness for 4000/4600s, and I might need another one sometime soon. :)

The serial number should suffice. If you have any trouble send me a PM, I'm one of those Commissioners for Oats (a solicitor really, but we can stamp things in the same way).

• Registered Users Posts: 49 baler

hi guys im interested in buying a tractor that doesnt have a reg no or a tax book dont know its history at all would it be possible to register such a tractor here do ye think:confused:

Advertisement