Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avatar (DVD + Blu-ray) 14.99£ Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Passed HMV in the Crescent SC Limerick yesterday and i'm pretty sure that they were selling the Blu-ray release of Avatar for 19.99... Good value for a Bricks and mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Might be a dumb question but feel compelled to ask, do you get Avatar on blu-ray AND regular DVD in the above item?
    If so, why would you need both?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

afaik yes.i think the blu ray has no extras and the dvd has film + extras.I think this has been done before,i could be wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

They are cheaper in tesco. and dvd is only 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

yabadabado wrote: »
    afaik yes.i think the blu ray has no extras and the dvd has film + extras.I think this has been done before,i could be wrong.

there are no extras on either format

another release in the future will have extras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

kendragon wrote: »
    Passed HMV in the Crescent SC Limerick yesterday and i'm pretty sure that they were selling the Blu-ray release of Avatar for 19.99... Good value for a Bricks and mortar store.

19.99 if you buying something else and paying more then a €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Denisoftus wrote: »
    19.99 if you buying something else and paying more then a €10.

Ah! Yeah same crap that tesco was pulling. You had to be buying another chart DVD to get it for the special price there as well. Not much of a bargain anymore then.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

play.com is selling it for €19.49, but with them you may end up with waiting weeks for delivery. I bought one in HMV, lucky enough was buying Spiderman trilogy for my daughter anyways (btw it was a good deal, 3 blurays 1080p with TrueHD sound all of them for 39.99, makes it around €13 each) and paid 19.99 for avatar.

Advertisement