Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCade

Options
  • 25-04-2010 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

I flippin hate apple, and iPod etc....
    But this looks awesome!!!!

iCade-iPad-Arcade-Cabinet.jpg

iCade-iPad-Arcade-Cabinet_1.jpg
    The iCade($150) from thinkgeek, it is an arcade cabinet accessory for your iPad.
    To use the iCade, gently slide the iPad into the docking cradle. The docking cradle uses a standard 30 pin connector to link the iPad to the professional-grade arcade controls. Once the iPad is in place, launch the iCade App (available free in the App Store April 3rd) and it's game on! We didn't want to take any chances you'd run out of juice during your favorite game, so we included a 10w USB power adapter so you can charge the iPad through any electrical outlet.
    Update: This is an April Fool's prank from thinkgeek!!

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Update: This is an April Fool's prank from thinkgeek!!

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

amacachi wrote: »
    ?

No, i know... but lets be realistic, it's not that hard to do, nor is it impossible....

Imagine plugging your mobile, laptop into one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

A couple of thinkgeek's april fools jokes became reality after the fact (the 8-bit tie and the tauntaun sleeping bag, that George Lucas apparently loves)

However I read that this one is a non-starter, Apple aren't fans of 3rd-party peripherals and emulation, though you never know. Would love one of these things, though for the price of an iPad you could buy a proper arcade machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

ghostchant wrote: »
    though for the price of an iPad you could buy a proper arcade machine!

Haha, this is actually retardedly true!

Advertisement