Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

net keys on mobile phone careful!

Options
  • 25-04-2010 12:59am
    Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

Many months ago i bought a new mobile phone which i thought was a great bargain and in most ways it is until a few weeks ago i decided to do a check on how much the internet was really costing me.I 'M on o2 prepay so i noted my credit and after the merest touch on the net key i made a second reading.On the first touch of the key i was charged 50cents without any surfing at all .2nd touch 30 cents and third altogether almost 1 euro.Around and not more than 1 euro per day is a lot of money over 18 months to someone on welfare.Accidently only touching either internet key costs money and i wondered how many people lose euros without noticing .I got o2 to take off the internet as i was finding it impossible to do it my self. page unavailable etc.The man in the o2 shop removed it for me after a second visit . I don't wonder about my credit any more and i'll probably never get justice on the matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Did you check your account online to see how much it has cost you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Justice on what matter?, you are charged per kb (unless your on a dataplan) and if you try load a high graphic website it will go through your credit like there's no tomorrow.

You pressed the button not the mobile company :)

Advertisement