Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby boy gift - suggestions please?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few friends have recently had/are due baby boys, can anyone suggest cute outfits/where to get them please?

I haven't made it into town recently so I don't know if Penneys/Heatons/DUnnes etc have nice stuff in.

I find it so much easier buying for lil girls all the cute little dresses, I have no clue where to get something trendy for a little boy.

All suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We got 52 outfits as gifts for James. It's way too much for us. The gifts we really liked weren't outfits, although most of them are lovely.

Someone gave us a Lamaze Octopus (we call him Cthulhu!) that's great, we also were given a huge blanket that doubles as a play mat.

As for outfits, Next always has funky stuff and if you want to splash out there's Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks Das Kitty will have a look at Next/Debenhams though I know what you mean I received about the same amount of outfits for Rose. Not so many newborn size but she'll definitely not have to wear the same outfit twice from 3 - 6 months she has that many!

One of the lil boys I'll be buying for is for my best pal so I want to get something really special when her wee man arrives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I was really impressed when one of DH's family gave us a dressing gown and blanket with my little boy's (unusual) name on it. They got it in a chemist in Dunboyne who do a service where the name is embroidered on garments. Not sure if it is specific to that chemist or if it's a chain, but you could also get that kind of thing done online I would say.

We were also given a little set of wooden letters that went together like a jigsaw that spelt his name. As far as I remember they were purchased somewhere off grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Like that we got an amazing amount of clothes for Benjamin all 3-6 month stuff.. but the one that stuck out most for me was one i'd never think of but really appreciated. It was a big bag of nappies wipes creams bibs soothers and a 4 pack of bottles.:D it was a godsend in the early days when i didn't know my ass from my elbow!!;)
    but dunnes and penneys do have lovely boy stuff for boys really good colours this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi there,
    We were the same when our little fella was born - close to 100 pressies so it is lovely to get something other than clothes! A plaster set for moulding feet/hands is fabulous.
    Anyway, if you do want to buy clothes... the most unusual came from a family member who bought it from a website called www.hairybaby.com
    They have gorgeous stuff with really unique slogans etc. It's Irish and full of humour!
    My little fella's tracksuit had "my dad's an awful eejit" written on it.
    They do loads of stuff - clothes, bibs, dodies etc.
    By the way, I also agree that Next and Debenhams have the nicest (and best quality) stuff for boys.
    Good luck and happy shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I think depends on financial situation of your friend and if it's a 1st baby or not.
    Other half is part-time self-employed and I'm part-time in college so it was brilliant to get millions of clothes. Mostly not outfits - vests and babygrows which turned out to be great because I don't actually like dressing up my little guy. :D But if someone already has lots of baby clothes maybe not so good.

I think a nice sling/baby carrier is a good present. My little boy is pretty much living in his. Great for calming him down especially since he has a bit of reflux and like being held upright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Book Chick

My sister got loads of outfits too.
    But some also bought the baby a Manchester United Personalised Book!!

And, as his dad is an avid Manchester United Fan - it was hilarous. The story mentioned their little boy all the way through and mentioned his cousins. It was really well done, looked great and they (his proud dad) showed it to everybody.

It came from a company called www.starstories.ie

They have loads of other titles as well, might be worth looking at!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

When I had my little boy, got a present of a large quilt with his name on it, I find it brilliant now that he is rolling around on the floor. I can throw it down and not worry about him picking up bits of fluff etc.

Its a hand made quilt and i've since bought other bits as presents and to add to his room in the same style. Got them from www.littlestardesigns.ie

Can be a bit expensive but for good friends it is something different

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭tronman

Just an idea but the best present I think is a photo session with an baby photographers. Its something parents and baby will have forever, and I know we look at our baby's gorgeous photo on our mantle piece as the pride of place. This crowd are great: www.pixifoto.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a million for all the excellent suggestions! I'll have to narrow down what I want to get as at the moment I want to get one of everything suggested!!

I especially love the T-shirts on www.hairybaby.com 'culchie beag' is my fave as my friend is from Dublin but living in the Country now I think she'd appreciate that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement