Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass and dogs

Options
  • 24-04-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of artificial grass and pet dogs? (Also posting in Animals and Pets forum)

Searching this forum I've found warnings about the consequences of bad installation, but no mention of pets.

We have a smallish terraced back garden and I laid turf when we moved in. It was a new house in a new development so the turf never really stood a chance on the construction muck we had as a garden. Throw a bull terrier into the mix and the lawn is now like a patch of waste ground.

We plan to transform the garden soon, and initially were just going to pave the whole thing, keeping two raised flowerbeds down each side and hoping potted plants would stop it looking sterile.

I started researching artificial grass and am now seriously considering it. Most suppliers seem to supply 'dog friendly' grades for dog runs and kennels etc. The claims they make are brilliant, but then again, they would be. I was hoping someone here has some experience - or knows someone who does?

(The garden has to be dug down for hard core and sand anyway so drainage shouldn't be a problem - and we would obviously be looking to buy the correct grade)

Sorry for the novel and thanks in advance for any replies.

Advertisement