Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fill a gas mag?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

I was just wondering how do you know when the mag is full? How long does it take to fill it?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

depends a bit on the mag type, take a glock 17 size mag, it takes about 3-4 sec to fill on green gas, the extended mage take about 7ish
    m1911 mags would be quicker to fill but someone else would know more about those ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Jinkazama

Thanks for reply, Its a KSC M9 mag, using 134a gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

You know its full when you stop hearing the gas flow into the mag. Like you don't have to worry about over filling the mag.

And any reason your using 134a? Plastic slide?

Thanks for info.About the 134a gas,Dread,should i be using different gas? :confused: (sorry for the noobish questions)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jinkazama wrote: »
    Thanks for info. Not a plastic slide Dread,why? should i be using different gas? :confused: (sorry for the noobish questions)

Anything KSC/KWA, use green gas in it and get more fps and less cool down effect and a slight bit more kick to boot. They are well made GBBs and can take the extra pressure no problem. Using 134a may increase the life of the stress parts but I don't think it make much difference on high end GBB pistols.

134a gas can be unreliable with metal slide pistols especially in cold weather, it can cause the slide not to recoil back far enough to feed the next bb and can fail to lock the slide back on the last bb fired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

^^^What he said^^^

I have a KSC Glock 26c it shoots 225fps with .2g BB's on HFC134a. With a cold mag (having just shot a mags worth of BB's through it) I chrono'd it at 285fps with .2g BB's on HFC22. Normally it would fire between 300-310fps with .2g BB's on HFC22.

Thanks for all the tips there guys. Balls, am i doing any damage to it by using 134a gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jinkazama wrote: »
    am i doing any damage to it by using 134a gas?

No, not at all. It just won't be performing as well as it could be. You can use 134a on anything, it's the lowest pressure gas out there for airsoft.

Thanks for the info Chaos :)

Advertisement