Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know my asparagus is ok?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I planted some asparagus plants in raised beds at the end of March, about 15 green asparagus in one bed, and 15 white in the other. I followed all the instructions (soaking them, planting on ridges etc etc), its well fed good soil correct position and I know to leave them until the second year etc. But the other day I spotted one singular perfectly formed asparagus spear sticking out of the ground. So does this mean all the others have died, or this guy is just fast growing one? Should I have expected to see any growth from the rest of the plants by now, there is absolutley nothing but soil and no sign of growth other than this one individual!! Living in the West so climate usually a week or so behind the east coast?? Any expert advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

i am no expert but up here in the northwest they have just poked through so be patient :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clare man

My first two crowns have just broken through, I have 30 crowns planted, the early cold snap has delayed everything, you should start to see some more action over the next two weeks

Advertisement