Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving back lockers?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was talking to a security guy today and he said that the locker keys had to be given back after the exams so in a couple weeks for me but does anyone know can i pay for my locker for another year now so ill be able to use it in the summer or whatever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Yep, if this is the first year you've had it (you can have it for two years). Afaik there's a little box you have to tick on the original form to keep it for another year, if you didn't tick it, go into the office (can't remember what it's called, the one in the arts block) and ask them if you can tick it (I'm pretty sure this is what I did).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Does anyone know if this is your second year having it do you have to give it back, or can you just ask the Superintendent guy (if you ever find him in his office...) if you can keep it for another year?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mark200 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is your second year having it do you have to give it back, or can you just ask the Superintendent guy (if you ever find him in his office...) if you can keep it for another year?

In my experience anyway the hang on to your locker for two years rule doesn't seem to enforced really. I kept mine all the way from 1st through to final year. Even if you ticked the box on the form I'd still say no harm to drop into the superindendent just to reiterate the point.

Think of it as like a fun game. It involves searching for the superintedent for hours/days/weeks etc but if you find him, your reward is keeping your locker for next year and an extra few hours in bed that morning that everyone else has to come in at an ungodly hour to get theirs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Just hand on to it and say nothing. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 HideAndSeek23

he's like a ghost though.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

he's like a ghost though.....

Thought that with a name like that you'd relish the idea of trying to find an elusive person.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 HideAndSeek23

touché....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Denerick wrote: »
    Just hand on to it and say nothing. Problem solved.

Until the lock is changed on your locker, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Anybody know if we were meant to give our lockers back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The notice says some time in June (end of I think).

If you want to keep them go to yer man in his office in the Arts Block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

His hours are 10-12 and 2-4.
    Go with the location and number of your locker and he'll mark the page to confirm you are keeping it. There is no problem with keeping it for more than two years. I'm going into fourth year and I've had mine since 1st year.

If you're not keeping it you have to empty it by the end of June or it will be emptied for you and left in a black bag in the Arts Block cloak room. The lock will be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Anyone know what the craic is with postgrad lockers (the ones in the 1937)? I'm hoping that since we're theoretically still meant to be studying and writing and whatnot they're not gonna boot us out just yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

What about getting your deposit back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

if your lock is changed you dont get your deposit back.

If you want to keep your
    locker, you dont get your deposit back, but you also dont have to pay it again in october, only the rent

If you return your key in time you get your deposit back.

Advertisement