Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned XFX Ad NSFW!!

Options
  • 24-04-2010 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

I wonder if they really thought they could get it to air lol :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'd say, you should put a NSFW in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

yekahs wrote: »
    I'd say, you should put a NSFW in the title.

woops :eek: cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Id hit it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I see what you mean, there's no way that could get to air. Showing another brands product in their ad? Outrageous!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they knew it wouldn't air, it's an ad for a computer power supply for feck sake, no way would tv channels would air any ad for computer components.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

fap fap fap

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wonder if they really thought they could get it to air lol :eek:

It's a viral marketing campaign. It was never planned for TV. The thing is nearly 2 minutes long, when have you ever seen a 2 minute ad before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

It's a viral marketing campaign. It was never planned for TV. The thing is nearly 2 minutes long, when have you ever seen a 2 minute ad before.

Or a TV ad shot on digital, with one camera and shot in someone's apartment?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Yes, it is clearly a marketing ploy like the below email from XFX:
    XFX APPEAL FOR HELP LOCATING CONFIDENTIAL

MATERIALS

Dear XFX Customers,

In light of recent events, we suspect that one of our HD 5970 Black Edition Limited graphics cards may have been compromised. In our current inventory check of this limited run of 1,000 individually serialised pieces, #68 is unaccounted for. We have evidence of a security breach in our facility, thus we believe #68 has been illegally obtained as the product has yet to be released. Please be aware that the person responsible will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If any news can be provided to lead us to the apprehension of a suspect, or if you can provide us with any information, please report it to security@xfxforce.com. XFX will reward any information leading to the return of #68. Please do not attempt to buy, trade, or barter for this unit. We thank you for your cooperation and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
    XFX
    A short time later this youtube video surfaced:

Clearly some clever marketing going on...

Advertisement