Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grrrrrrrrrrrr wtf is wit littlewoods?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi all.... littlewoods complaint yet again. y r they soooooooooooo flaming useless? i ordered 2 pack pair of legging there on the 19th of april, the statuses changes from order despatched to recived at depot, to delievery due today to delievered but i havent got anything! soooooooo i rang, and sum total toff english dick was talking to me stating the obvious! and then he said oh we will refund u n u can buy them again, i was like, r u a retard or sumting, wat makes u think id buy from ye again?............. i actually didnt say that but i was thinkin it! :p newhos....... my head is wrecked..... anybody else have a problem with them like this? and does anybody know whos littlewoods uses for delievery around claregalway area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I only ordered once with littlewoods but there were so many problems i would never order again. I ordered about 5 items, 2 were out of stock but they never told me and i only got three. I had to chase them up with no less than 10 phone calls to find out they weren't coming.Two items arrived in wrong sizing and i brought them back myself to their office in blanchardstown, they then claimed they had never received them and sent me a bill for all five items!!!

On phoning them again i was told they had sent the two items that were out of stock AND that they had never received the items i dropped back AND that they weren't responsible for postage loss AND i would still be charged for all five!!!! After going around the world and back they eventually conceded that despite their being no record of ANY of my calls regarding the items not delivered that they didn't have the items in stock at the time i ordered them so i probably didn't receive them, took another three escalations for them to take the two off my bill. They never admitted they had received the other two items back despite the receipt i had which they claimed wasn't a valid no. I only paid for one item i kept by cheque-so they couldn't charge my card more and even got debt collector agency letters for the other €20!!!

So in short-stay clear!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bridgetbyrne

trust me i will....... god whats with them? if they spent more time copping onto them selfs and a lil less advertising i wouldnt be in this fecking problem!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

to be honest i've never heard anyone that uses them talk positively about them, i guess between advertising and cheapness people don't get too bothered when things aren't as described or late etc but they're such a crowd of clowns its amazing they are still in business

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

I tried to order 13 different items from them before for me and my mam before holidays last year and not 1 of them were in stock! The items were nearly all from a little booklet they sent out in the post as "new additions" to the catalogue (not on special offer or on sale - all full price), and we tried to order that same day. Why heavily advertise items when you don't even have them? Useless bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Never had a problem with them. Fast accurate delivery and a great returns policy. OP, I reckon you were unlucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Never had a problem with them. Fast accurate delivery and a great returns policy. OP, I reckon you were unlucky!

Ha.. great responce.. No I Reckon you were the luck one!!!

You seem to be the only person Iv ever heard of in the history of littlewoods that doesnt have an issue!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Actually iv something to add to this topic.. One poster said " I reckon you were unlucky" Since when should being a customer be judged on being lucky or not??
    Every customer should be treated in an equal manner, with the highest level of customer service and fairness.
    Remember retaillers the Sale of Goods and supply of services act 1980 is legislation for a reason.
    Its the customer that holds the purse strings to your business, if you wish to conduct your business on a luck basis.... I think you may find yourselves retaillers.. sh*t out of luck very quickly!
    If the product or service is not as discribed.. money back no questions asked.
    It should never ever cost the customer if a retailler does not uphold there end of the sale agreement..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

OP - Did they try to sell you their 'offer of the day' when you rang to complain?
    I remember I had major issues with them the first (and only) time I ordered from them, rang up to complain and had much the same experience as you, and then before they ended the call the customer service rep said "Can I interest you in a teddy bear, they're our special offer today?". The next time I rang after my order still hadn't arrived, they tried to sell me Egyptian cotton sheets. EEJITS. Avoid Littlewoods like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I've never had an issue with them with regards to ordering once you do it online, before when I posting in the orders ohh everything was always out of stock from the sales leaflets!!

If your posting in your orders then it is not their fault that stuff is out of stock, where as if you order online you can check stock levels & estimated time of delivery before arrival, if it's out of stock you can even request to be sent an email when it's back in stock.

Basically ordering by post is no different that walking into Argos with all your product numbers wrote down, not checkin the stock system & going to the till to be told it's out of stock.

Customer care, they are always prompt to sort out matters for me.

And by the matters with customer care I mean when I forget to pay them on time or I'm asking about stock

And to who ever said about the returns policy being great ... it's stinks you have to pay for it yourself!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've ordered from them loads of times, never had any bother with them. Stuff was delivered within 2-3 days, and they had no problems processing returns :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I am a frequent user of Littlewoods I would order a few things each month and I can safely say I have never had a problem with them. I use the online store and it seems to be easier for anyone I have spoken to. The delivary is also only 4 days or less. I once orderd three pairs of socks and they sent the package out in a private delivary van thenext day with no extra charge! I have also returned two things to them (in no fault of their own, I orderd wrong sizes) they happily gave me a full refund.

I am surprised at the amount of negative feedback they have received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I've ordered lots of stuff from them too and never had any problems. Delivery is always within the week. Once or twice I've ordered about 10 items or more (usually things in more than one size) and sometimes I've gotten half the items one day then the rest a day or two later.

Returning things has never been a problem, even I've returned stuff after the trial dates with no quibbles.

I've ordered over the phone and online and yeah on the phone they always try sell me some special of the day, but I never took up the offer and they were grand to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I work in a post office, and I have to say, at least 50% of all packets/parcels that I deal with in an average day are returns for Littlewoods. I'm not exaggerating here either. It is unbelievable.

On that interesting little piece of unconventional market research I accidentally conducted, I have to say, I'd never be bothered ordering anything from them, based purely on the sheer amount of 'stuff' people seem to be returning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

DazMarz wrote: »
    I work in a post office, and I have to say, at least 50% of all packets/parcels that I deal with in an average day are returns for Littlewoods. I'm not exaggerating here either. It is unbelievable.

On that interesting little piece of unconventional market research I accidentally conducted, I have to say, I'd never be bothered ordering anything from them, based purely on the sheer amount of 'stuff' people seem to be returning!!!

Ah but most Littlewoods shoppers (that I know anyway!) order the items in two sizes, like say 10 and 12, then return the size that doesn't fit. :) That would explain a lot of the volume of returns your seein.

Sure if everyone was returning the stuff altogether, then they'd be out of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I've been ordering from them for ages now!never had any problems really,but it is better to order stuff online instead of by post..

I never get my stuff delivered by the postman anymore though,always a courier van or that,dunno what thats about:p
    but always get my stuff in 2-3 days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

storm2811 wrote: »
    I've been ordering from them for ages now!never had any problems really,but it is better to order stuff online instead of by post..

I never get my stuff delivered by the postman anymore though,always a courier van or that,dunno what thats about:p

They don't use An Post anymore, to improve their delivery they went with couriers a few months back. Fastway always deliver to me now & stuff is arriving in half the time compared to when they used An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

They don't use An Post anymore, to improve their delivery they went with couriers a few months back. Fastway always deliver to me now & stuff is arriving in half the time compared to when they used An Post.

Ohh right:p
    Yeah everything's getting delivered way faster,tis great:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minnie25

I placed an order with them on the 29th of may. Have now been told by them that the earliest delivery time will be the 16th of June because they are waiting for ONE item. I ordered at least 10 items or more and have to wait nearly 3 weeks to get my order for one top. It's ridiculous. Don't think I'd use them again

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I've never bought anything from Littlewoods, but always go on to have a look, and probably would buy stuff, but there is one little problem....THEY NEVER FECKIN HAVE ANYTHING!! Seriously, everything is sold out! There is one dress I want, and I check it nearly everyday, and its been sold out for about a month. I also asked them to mail me when its back in stock. Nothing! Why keep it up on the site if they dont have it?
    grrrr ok rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've never had a problem with Littlewoods, ordered a few things from them and got them all within a week.

They have a problem with me though, I'm always forgetting to pay when I order something on my account :pac: so I stick to paying by card now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 pump it

i used to get everything off them. and they were brillant.so fast at delivery and everything until a few weeks ago when i ordered stuff on it for my boyfriends birthday. they got it totally wrong, had to send back some stuff and when they send me the right tings they had stains on them. i send everything back and avent bought stuff since.

my boyfriend ordered clothes weeks ago and still avent seen them. they are gone so bad now. wont be buying anything else on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I just made a massive order with Littlewoods - first time in ages, they rejected it, I rang to find out why and yer man says oh thats cause you dont use your account every few months :eek:

Thats fine - take me off the feckin' mailing list so :mad::mad:

I love littlewoods for the fact you could pay off your order :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caroline Power

Oh my God, I've just ordered a jumper from Littlewoods and asked could I get the item delivered to my workplace instead of my home address as I would not be at home to sign for the delivery. She informed me that she couldn't amend the delivery address but when the driver goes out to my home address and I'm not there, he'll leave a card, then I can contact the courier company and arrange for them to redeliver to my work.... Wha ??? I told her that it was a bit ridiculous wasting the drivers time sending him out into the country to try and deliver knowing I wont be there..... She just said 'the system wasn't letting her change it' It was like something out of Little Britian !

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

I've always found them very good. The last time I ordered something I wasn't at home to sign for the package, so the driver rang me and aranged a time and place to meet. so nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

Hi,Iam litllewoods client more than 2 years,and agree customer service is very bad, especially the email connection,they always use the standart answers,dont care about question matter.Iam placed order a 26. December,and nothing done until today 5th January,in Track the Parcel information is just saying when they still processing order(delivery promised by 5th January also),I was changing the mind about order,want cancel....but cant do that,because they answered to me,when it is impossible,because order is in process,but I know that is untrue.they told me I have to refuse delivery,that it.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

storm2811 wrote: »

I too haven't had problems with them yet I bought two things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I ordered a childrens 'my first laptop' with them before Christmas & It came without a part that was vital for usage. I rang them to ask if they could send out the missing part but they said that this was not possible that I would need to return the item. I asked would they possibly send out the replacement & I would give the courier the faulty one & they said this wasnt possible. They said I would need to return the item through registered post(which would mean I would be forking out for their mis-packaging)and once they received it they would send out the replacement. This would mean that there was a possiblilty that I would not have the item in time for Santa. I eventually returned the item & requested a refund. I found the staff overall very unhelpful and lacking in the customer services department. Some of the staff I spoke to were extremely rude & I would never deal with them again.
    Mabey the item arrived in good time but the fact that it was packaged incorrectly and the lack of service is what put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

i ordered an item on the 4/01/2011, a pair of nike air max for my son @53.00e was loaded onto the delivery van at Fastway Couriers three separate times!!

When the item finally arrived today (2 weeks later) the nike box was opened, damaged, ripped apart and the little runners were in the bag out of the box!!

fcuking mad :mad::mad:

I rang littlewoods and the girl told me I had to return the item at cost to me, and they will refund 53.00e , so I am out of pocket by 6.00e (post) and have no runners to show for it, I have ordered a netbook also and i;m dreading what way that will arrive, the courier at Fastway couldn't be bothered today when I asked about the packet damaged, he said ''not my fault''

AVOID both littlewoods/fastway:mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I had a problem with littlewoods over my address. When they posted out your order it was grand but when they changed to the courier service they couldn't find my house.

When i rang to see why my top had not arrived and was returned to the depot i was told that as my house has not got a number they could not find my house. I asked could they not ring me for directions (i don't live in the middle of no where) and was told yes next time they would.

Next time the same thing returned to depot after being despatched and was told again no number on my house. Whats wrong with asking in the post office!!:mad:

I now get my stuff sent to my boyfriends house as he lives in an estate but I don't understand how stuff from america can get here no problem but not from littlewoods very annoying. Ok rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Unbelievable company to deal with - for the wrong reasons. They're a disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement