Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Thing

Options
  • 24-04-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I was down our garden this morning when i noticed the strangest thing, a small mount next to a week along the path in the grass. Upon closer inspection i noticed something sticking up out of it and then it disappeared, so i went and grabbed my camera and took a couple shots, one of it without the, whatever inside it and one with it popping its head up.
    4547364865_0f6c85b00f_b.jpg
    4547367593_43bb11b860_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

That looks like a nesting bumble bee. The Rec -> Nature & Birdwatching forum might tell you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

thanks man, i wasnt sure where to put it, i'll throw it up there now, thanks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Bumble bees keep their colonies under the ground. Aren't they awesome

Advertisement