Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paj leaking oil

Options
  • 24-04-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

I got a 2.8 Pajero recently and it is dripping 5-6 drops of oil on the drive overnight. cant see where its coming from but its running down the front of the sump. had it serviced a couple of weks ago. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Could be a front crankshaft oil seal, wouldn't be too uncommon, infact I think I may have done one a few years ago.

TBH, you really need to give it a thorough wash and have a proper look after you leave it running for a bit, it's the only way you would know for sure where it is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

As it's only just been serviced it could be oil spillage or filter not done up tight enough. As Slidey says, give it a good clean up first to check where it's coming from.

Makes a change for something other than a Land Rover to leak!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Its not leaking... its marking its territory, an old Land Rover trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

give it a good clean and have a look. my one started leaking recently and it turned out to be the spade terminal on the oil pressure switch had snapped off, resulting in a fairly nasty leak...most of it collecting in the skid pan, leaking a lot at pressure and it didn't leak as much when idle.

Advertisement