Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't recognize myself anymore.

Options
  • 24-04-2010 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

This is my first post on these boards. And jeez, this place is massive. My apologies in advance if I posted my thread in the wrong section, hopefully it can be moved to the appropiate section if that ends up being the case.

Nontheless, Hello all!

To get to the point of this thread though. I don't exactly recognize myself in the things i'm doing. Ever since this is going on, i'm not sure what I like, and not sure about what I want anymore either. Whenever someone enters my room it annoys me quite a bit. Why? I'm not sure, I guess i'm the lonely type.

I'm not sure if that which I am saying is clear to everyone of you, but what i'm trying to say is, is that I lost myself.

Maybe any of you can give me some advice on how to solve or deal with these kind of issues? It'd be appreciated if you could help out.

Thank you in advance,

Nice to meet all of you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

what age range are you? what is "this" in your thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I think you need to elaborate, but I get the feeling you are talking about being around other people.
    I can't say any more, as I don't want to go down one avenue and find out you are talking about something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Soluna

what age range are you? what is "this" in your thread?

I'm 21. With "This" , I mean the situation about not recongnizing myself.
    Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I think you need to elaborate, but I get the feeling you are talking about being around other people.
    I can't say any more, as I don't want to go down one avenue and find out you are talking about something else.

Don't worry, you're correct. Though there is more. When i'm doing something, there is no motivation, I don't feel anything at all, no hate or love for that which i'm doing. Often people sing along when they listen to their favorite songs, I don't. This is the same for other things, like spending time with your friends, most people would enjoy that, yet I don't.

To put it simple. Whatever it is that i'm doing, there is no enjoyment, no motivation or disliking. Which is, to put it blantly. Crap. x_x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Could it be that your current life is not stimulating you enough? Have you tried anything new lately? Perhaps try something outside of your traditional comfort zone?

Are you getting regular excercise? The endorphines can be great for making you feel more energetic about things.

Also, is there any major event that could have triggered a change in outlook and feeling such as this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Has anything changed in your life recently? Anything in particular worrying you?

It's not clear from your posts whether you're not enjoying things that you previously did enjoy or whether you never enjoyed things in the first place. Maybe you could try to rediscover something you used to love but haven't done in a while? Or try something new altogether to see if you can find something you're enthusiastic about.

If you could elaborate, we might be able to be of more help.

Welcome to boards, in any case :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement