Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get charged extra for going over my usage limit with Eircom?

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ok guys, so I've seen some posts here with the exact same question, but they are old posts, and they say Eircom don't, so I am wondering do they nowadays, or is there still no limit as its called "Fair Use" I guess they are just asking you not to go over it and not enforcing you, thanks in advance - Micheál Kenny.

nwzxfp.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

At the moment they don't charge for excess usage (but have the right to).

However they have recently started the roll out of their NGB package, if you are signed up to that then they possibly would charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KennyMataz

sweet, that is great news, i'm not signed up to NGB, just to be clear, have you ever gone over the limit?

KennyMataz wrote: »
    sweet, that is great news, i'm not signed up to NGB, just to be clear, have you ever gone over the limit?

uhfguyfg.jpg

In fairness though they do have ridiculously low caps.

I'm already on the 7Mb package which is the highest they provide in the area, so can't upgrade any further.

Thus have no choice but to download away:)

cool, do you buy like a billion blu-rays a day online, lol, there is a business package with 8mbps speeds and unlimited usage, i was thinking of upgrading, but considering i only use an extra 10GB on average p/m, i guess there is no need to upgrade.

KennyMataz wrote: »
    cool, do you buy like a billion blu-rays a day online, lol, there is a business package with 8mbps speeds and unlimited usage, i was thinking of upgrading, but considering i only use an extra 10GB on average p/m, i guess there is no need to upgrade.

Have a look at Bazideluxe's usage http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65208546#post65208546

Now that's a lot of downloading.

Seriously though, 100+ GB bytes a month isn't that much.
    4-5 users just browsing the net will pull that much in a month and that's not even taking filesharing, p2p etc. into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I would not worry about going that small an amount over.

Here is mine for the last few months, I have so far not been charged anything extra:
    1z1z9kj.jpg

ya, in america the limit is like 250GB and 20Mbps speeds, and thats just a starter package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Unless there are a lot of people sharing a single connection, it's difficult to download more than say 50GB in a month without at least some of that being media downloaded via an "alternative" distribution channel.

However I would say we are only a year or two away from legal and proper TV and Movie streaming over broadband (Sky Player is moving in this direction, and they have Hulu in the US and BBC iPlayer in the UK). So eventually it will become fairly ordinary to download over 100GB a month, especially as HD content is getting more popular.

Eircom will want to get their act together by then with their ridiculous caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think we need yet another eircom download limit thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement