Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oakley Grom Games Video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Some of those kids? are really impressive. I need to get my sh*t together at some stage and learn a decent trick or two..

I had the pleasure pain of riding with two sponsored UK groms two/three years ago. Of course, I thought they were just just good boarders until they started doing 7's of the big kickers...

Probably showing my age, but they were really young!! They looked about 12 or 14 years old. I was talking to the guide after who knew them for years and he said that this was their week off for the season and that most of the time they are very serious, as in no messing around or playing. He said that one of their biggest problems was bullying!? and that some of the older kids 16/17 see them coming up so fast that they try and keep them down..

Its hard to paint the picture, but if you saw how young they looked beforehand THEN saw the same two kids doing the most amazing tricks that I could never see myself actually doing and they used to get so depressed about being crap!!

Hard to believe really, I think being that good brings its own pain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Average age in that video is about 15 standarsd was insane and the 3 ski girls the oldest is 15 youngest 12 I have allot of work ot do with our kids here

Advertisement