Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Was Unsuccesful - HTC Desire

Options
  • 23-04-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Ok guys, just got my HTC Desire today and I love it!

Everything works perfect expect for one thing, the Android Market Place!

Nothing will download, not even google goggles or maps,

i just get the message
    "download was unsuccessful please try again"

anyone ideas, have tried restarting etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I've downloaded a good few apps since getting mine yesterday, mostly Wifi though... What network are you on? Can you get any data?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i got mine today also.. I didnt ahve any issue downloading anything from the market place..

Did you get yours with meteor? I ordered mine and selected the keep my own number option.. but they sent me out a new sim.. I guess this was a mistake?
    I paid the cheaper price too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

I just got it from clove so it's unlocked,

I'm using my Vodafone sim, i'm getting data as well and it all works perfect expect i cant download any apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

Just discovered something,

I did yet another reset and found that it worked fine when i created a new google account,

but for some reason it refuses to work with my current one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 larrym

I'm having the same problem.
    And from a bit of googling it seems the issue is to do with google accounts.

I can't access Google Talk (it says can't reach the server) and apparently the Market app uses that for authentication.
    Even though gmail and gmaps all work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 larrym

I turned off wifi and just used the normal 2g/3g phone connection and it started working. Google Talk signed in and I was able to download apps in the Marketplace.

I've tried a couple of wifi networks with the same result so it wasn't any particular settings on those networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm having trouble with the market all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ok, after spending hours last night reading up, turns out this is happening everyone, its linked to Google allowing Europeans to change their emails to @gmail.com, which I clicked the other day. The second I changed it back to @googlemail in my email settings all my market downloads completed and updated.

Hopefully this will save some grief for someone else, my head is wrecked with it, but at least its sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Iv found that apps can sometimes take a good while to start downloading but if left alone will complete and just figured it was network strain Googles end.

This is on googlemail account btw.

Advertisement