Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Blu-ray player + Avatar Bluray, €100 in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ClonmelHills

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They were selling that on its own for €130.

ShaneU wrote: »
    They were selling that on its own for €130.
    I know -which is the best?. Actually i think the philips had a free slumdog millionaire

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Richersounds on boards have that Philips on offer at £79.95 at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

93Cab wrote: »
    Richersounds on boards have that Philips on offer at £79.95 at the moment!

Isin't that the one Xtravision, Harveys etc all have for €99 which is the same price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

anyone know which one's better?

It seems the LG plays DivX off the USB whereas the Philips doesn't.
    The Philips has an ethernet port and supports BD-Live whereas the LG doesn't.
    But the Philips has next to no internal memory for downloading stuff so you'll need a USB stick connected all the time.

I don't see the BD-Live thingy being any good anyway so I think I'm leaning towards the LG.

But then again I'd prefer 2 free rentals (XtraVision/Philips) than Avatar (Tesco/LG)... :P

Any others offering discs with the player... Harvey Norman for example?

M450 wrote: »
    It seems the LG plays DivX off the USB whereas the Philips doesn't.
    What extactly is Divx? what would you be playing from the USB? Think I prefer the LG too

What extactly is Divx? what would you be playing from the USB? Think I prefer the LG too
    DivX is just a compression format for video files (usually with a .avi extension), so videos you've downloaded or ripped from a DVD and encoded in this format can be played off a USB stick.

For the Philips, you'd have to burn these files to a disc in order to play them, but with the LG just throw them onto a USB stick which is much faster.

M450 wrote: »
    DivX is just a compression format for video files (usually with a .avi extension), so videos you've downloaded or ripped from a DVD and encoded in this format can be played off a USB stick.

For the Philips, you'd have to burn these files to a disc in order to play them, but with the LG just throw them onto a USB stick which is much faster.
    Ok thanks for that

I picked up the LG player in Tesco Maynooth this evening. The Avatar offer was only for the launch day so didn't get anything free with it, although the manager said they were considering bringing the offer back, but didn't know when... nobody seemed to know what was going on

I was gonna try bring back Avatar and exchange it for a different one anyway haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭prochida

Picked up both on friday for €100, but had problem with the BD player. I would not play Avatar every time. asking for update. Checked online and found out that the LG BD300 is discontinued. Played DVD and DIVX Ok.

Brought the player back to Local Tesco and got a refund.

They didnt ask for Avatar discs back, So I am up jack but Still have to find another BD player though. :D

Advertisement