Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with EBS?

Options
  • 23-04-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

What are people's experiences of delaing with EBS? Was considering approaching them for a mortgage but know very little about them. Hopefully, recommendations are allowed on this forum!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Guess it depends on the branch itself really, but my experience has been good. They are giving money to first time buyers which is good, not all banks are.

In my local branch their is 2 assistant mangers, one is extremely helpful and courteous, while the other one would be 'ok'. Not sure what else your looking for?

Their online banking wouldn't be as good as the main banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've been with EBS for about a year and I've had no real problems. I was able to apply for a mortgage without ever setting foot inside one of their branches (and I still haven't). With the application, I did have to go through the whole, "there's one more form, actually here's one more form, wait I promise this is the last form you need to fill out" process but I think that's pretty standard with mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭awnow

Davy wrote: »
    Guess it depends on the branch itself really, but my experience has been good. They are giving money to first time buyers which is good, not all banks are.

In my local branch their is 2 assistant mangers, one is extremely helpful and courteous, while the other one would be 'ok'. Not sure what else your looking for?

Their online banking wouldn't be as good as the main banks.

I had never dealt with them before, so just fishing for recommendations. Sounds positive. Thanks all!

Advertisement