Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compromised Account

Options
  • 23-04-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys

Does anyone have any idea what the turnaround time is for Blizz to investigate and reinstate a "compromised account"?
    Something very strange happened me. I was going through an old e-mail account recently and noticed a mail from Blizz telling me my account was suspended. What was strange was that I haven't played wow in well over a year. I had a quick look on Armoury and it appears that someone was playing my DK. They've gotten some gear for it etc. (not unreal gear or anything but better than I left it).
    Anyway, Blizz must of for some reason copped something strange was up and suspended the account. However, I now actually feel like playing again for a while so sent them back the e-form with ID etc in it. Anyone any idea how long they normally take to get back to you?

Cheers

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Shanio100 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Does anyone have any idea what the turnaround time is for Blizz to investigate and reinstate a "compromised account"?
    Something very strange happened me. I was going through an old e-mail account recently and noticed a mail from Blizz telling me my account was suspended. What was strange was that I haven't played wow in well over a year. I had a quick look on Armoury and it appears that someone was playing my DK. They've gotten some gear for it etc. (not unreal gear or anything but better than I left it).
    Anyway, Blizz must of for some reason copped something strange was up and suspended the account. However, I now actually feel like playing again for a while so sent them back the e-form with ID etc in it. Anyone any idea how long they normally take to get back to you?

Cheers

S

3-5 working days mate,

It all depends on the workload they have.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Shanio100

Thanks mate.

Is this something thats happening more and more these days (accounts being played on by someone else?)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

my account was hacked last night at 3:57am. I now have my account back up(as of 11am this morning) and running. Talked to a GM in game who will sort out the guild bank, all items, gold and tabs. They will also un-delete all my toons, and give them back the gear they had. Going well so far, quick responses and really helpful people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anti wrote: »
    my account was hacked last night at 3:57am. I now have my account back up(as of 11am this morning) and running. Talked to a GM in game who will sort out the guild bank, all items, gold and tabs. They will also un-delete all my toons, and give them back the gear they had. Going well so far, quick responses and really helpful people.

Did you have authenticator?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

From reading these forums, it seems to br happening on a regular basis. Ive been toying with the idea of getting an authenticator for a while now.

Mind you i only ever use my PC which has WoW installed on it to do a little bit of gaming and for credit card transactions. I use an old PC for everything else.

Heres hoping you get everything sorted anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Did you have authenticator?

He does, AFAIK.

while they're not 100% effective, they're better than nothing, and I think GMs respond a bit quicker when you have one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yup indeed i do have one.

I have to say, i contacted them at about 11:00am today, by 6pm all my toons were restored, all gear restored with gems and enchants.

I've just been talking to a GM called Quillsheade. Quite simply the best GM ever. Obviously didnt give me any free gold or anything, but his response time was amazing, and he was nothing but helpfull. Big thumbs up for this guy !

Big thanks to the blizz staff for all their hard work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

2 Espressi wrote: »
    He does, AFAIK.

while they're not 100% effective, they're better than nothing, and I think GMs respond a bit quicker when you have one as well.

I was checking because when I was locked out of my account I found stories of people's friends being hacked while having an authenticator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Yup indeed i do have one.

Didn't you say on another thread you didn't have one, And they are nothing but a waste of money :rolleyes:

Maybe its karma, Telling you something.

Advertisement