Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Zine Seeking Front Cover Submissions

Options
  • 23-04-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick note to draw people's attention over here: http://minus9squared.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/calling-all-visual-artists/

I am the editor of an Arts Zine and am currently looking for submissions for the front cover of Issue Two which is themed memory. All details are on the above link. I'm afraid the turnover date is quite short - the 30th of April.

However, we may extend this by a couple of days depending on submissions.

Hope to see your names in the inbox.

Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i would love to submit some of my illustrations, however there is no point as usually the front cover of a mag/whatever is an article on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ahayzer42

red_ice wrote: »
    i would love to submit some of my illustrations, however there is no point as usually the front cover of a mag/whatever is an article on the inside.

Not necessarily Red Ice. In the case of topical magazines or journalism pieces yes. But this, being an arts zine is about showing off talent and if someone's talent lies in front covers then so be it.

Our first issue's front cover was an image of Lisbon, which did in fact turn up inside the magazine again from the same contributor but this is not necessarily the norm. The image we have chosen for Issue 2 only relates to the content of the magazine because it is based around the same theme, not because there's an article inside.

So, long story short - please do send us your work. We'd love to see it.

Best

Anna

Advertisement