Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Ulster Bank VISA Issues...

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Still not got this sorted yet :( Disappointing.

I had to go and use my MBNA mastercard which went through straight away without problem. I had rang Ulsterbank support who advised me the account was fine and the card was active etc, so the problem was on the Hotels side.

So let me see if I have this right...

The Hotel are at fault because they have not upgraded their online payment systems to recognise the new Ulster Bank VISA cards as valid cards yet? So it is not Ulster Banks fault. Can anyone confirm that before I ring them and use an abrasive tone. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The Hotel are at fault because they have not upgraded their online payment systems to recognise the new Ulster Bank VISA cards as valid cards yet?

Most likely, although to be technical it's probably not the hotel itself, but whoever handle's their card transactions and provides the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Thanks for that. Clears it up once and for all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

As soon as you report the issue UB will contact the Hotel to establish what happened if they can they'll advise on how to sort the issue.

99% of the issues are with the retailers system and staff training issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't say I've had any issues yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Either have I. There is a massive tread here about it. More or less covers everything about the card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement