Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good holiday destinations whilst pregnant...

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few of my friends are thinking of heading on holiday for a week in June looking for sea sand pool and pottering about,but nothing too energetic. I will be around 20 weeks pregnant if we plan to go mid june so looking for someplace lazy, nice and warm but not too hot.. Any ideas would be great! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

We went to Albufeira in Portugal last November when I was 23 weeks pregnant and the place was gorgeous.
    We rented an apartment near the beach & everything was within (short) walking distance pubs/clubs/shops etc
    The majority of the locals speak English and were very friendly, its not too dear either :)

I think its a great time in the pregnancy to go on hols, just before ya start feeling too heavy :) Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HappyDays2010

Were off to Costa del Sol in a few weeks, I'll be 22 weeks by then :D

Its going to be a bit of a different holiday with no drink and some early nights!!:eek:

I plan to relax relax relax.

Enjoy wherever you end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well this year the wife and I went to New York and Oslo for short city breaks. The main things to bear in mind is that you will get tired easier (the wife found this as we tend to do a lot of wandering when away) and also I would suggest not going to the hottest place as getting to warm is an issue as well. The missus also said something to me about "Panda Eyes" so be careful if you are sun bathing (I thought that was normally when you wore shades tanning but maybe someone else can elaborate further).

Advertisement