Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Dump Trailer

Options
  • 23-04-2010 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Wel Lads,
    I see a couple of places up North selling new single axle 8 ton dump trailers for 2200 sterling, has anyone any experience of them trailers are they a good job???, seems like good value for a new trailer??? would like to get a bit of info before i consider goin up to have a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

8 ton single axle? couldnt imagine being very strong to be honest, could be wrong.

i would preffer a double or triple axel for that kind of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

dont heed that last post....
    them small dump trailers are a good all rounder trailer,get a set of russian wheels put on it when ya getting it if its for land work and it will nearly float,weve used ours a few times with doubles on tractor for reclamiation work and they are great.most come with super singles from new unless ya ask for different.these r fine for road work but not great for field work...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

mosta wrote: »
    Wel Lads,
    I see a couple of places up North selling new single axle 8 ton dump trailers for 2200 sterling, has anyone any experience of them trailers are they a good job???, seems like good value for a new trailer??? would like to get a bit of info before i consider goin up to have a look.

they are built the same as the larger trailers and are fine if you have a small tractor and only need it for your own use. at 2200 pounds you cant go too far wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mosta

Thanks for the advice, they seem like good value and as you say i cant go far wrong at that money. Second hand worn out twin axle trailers are making more than that down here. The russian wheels are a good idea i will check them out. cheers lads.

Advertisement