Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medion laptop in aldi, sunday. 499

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Looks pretty good

although "Brillian Graphics" isnt really descriptive

• Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

warranty is good, spec is okay for basic day to day stuff, screen could be a bit annoying, slightly wider aspect than normal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Only a pentium processor too, which is is pushing it in a laptop costing 500€, if it had a core i3, it would be a very good deal. Although to be fair, these medions at this price never seem to have chips better than pentiums, and the one in this one, the T4500 is the best and newest pentium but it would still be about 20% slower than a core i3

Oh, and i see the os is only 32 bit so the 4gb ram cant be fully utilised. And another thing, that ram is only DDR2 whereas nearly all manufacturers have moved to the quicker DDR3

I'd definitely go for this dell over it tbh

Only 3gb RAM but its DDR3, has a 64 bit OS and crucially has a core i3 chip

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

Its Specs are ok as a bigger netbook or a small Desktop replacement for working and surfing.

The Graphic chip is taking its memory from the 4GB RAM.

With the graphic chip specs and the display specs Full-HD (1080p) is not possible. 3D games you can also forget (8fps).

Its really just for surfing, working or watching DVDs, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Oh, and i see the os is only 32 bit so the 4gb ram cant be fully utilised.

excellent point and something which a lot of people may not realise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dell +
    processor
    64 bit

Medion +
    3 year warranty
    larger hard drive
    8 cell battery
    wireless N
    4 gig ram

With medion recovery discs you generally get a 64-bit version, it just comes 32-bit installed although I cannot say for certain with this guy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement