Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depositing funds into Betfair

Options
  • 22-04-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, trying to deposit funds into betfair using friends laser card, won't accept even though enough funds are in laser card account. I don't own any bank cards myself. Anyone know of alternative ways of depositing funds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

blooper wrote: »
    Hi, trying to deposit funds into betfair using friends laser card, won't accept even though enough funds are in laser card account. I don't own any bank cards myself. Anyone know of alternative ways of depositing funds.

With most online accounts the account holders name must be the same as the cardholders. I'd say thats your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rockard

Blooper you can open a cash account on Betfair in the IFSC trading room

their email is info@ifscsportstrading.com

ask for Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

The best method to fund your Betfair account is via a paysafecard.

You basically go to a shop that provides a PayPoint service and ask for the amount you wish as a paysafecard option. They come in €10, €20, €50 & €100. You then receive a slip (similar to O2 Top-Up) with a number on it. Go to your account and choose paysafecard and enter the number.

Note that Betfair take a small fee from each transaction (scabby ba**rds).

The max amount you can deposit over 24-hour period is €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

hi!
    Question for you- you mentioned the paysafecard... i have never heard of that as a payment option? What is it? Is it new? How does one get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I found this link on a mad site called "Google".

http://www.paysafecard.com/ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Open and deposit to a Moneybookers account and have access to betfair and almost every other bookmaker if ever needed. Make a few euros from all the sign up bonuses when you've a few hours spare.
    You can use laser, credit card or a bank transfer.

Thank you Mezcita... that's what i found out as well, but after I already asked... :rolleyes:

But now I don't understand how can someone withdraw winnings if one's using paysafecard/prepaid option? Thank you in advance

I presume with prepaid cards you would have to withdraw to your bank account.

With moneybookers you can get a mastercard (debit card) with your account which allows you instant access to your funds at any ATM. Or even use it to purchase online. It does cost to get it though, a tenner if I remember correctly.

I think Neteller offers a similar service (without the debit card).

Pj! wrote: »
    I presume with prepaid cards you would have to withdraw to your bank account. (without the debit card).

Yes, I presume so as well...
    With moneybookers you can get a mastercard (debit card) with your account which allows you instant access to your funds at any ATM. Or even use it to purchase online. It does cost to get it though, a tenner if I remember correctly..

Yes, but there are always fees when transferring the money. With PSC there are none, or so they say...

Always fees for transferring the money where?

It's free to upload money to moneybookers through bank transfer or laser.
    It's free to deposit money to betfair.
    It's free to withdraw money from betfair.
    It's free to use the mastercard to get cashback in shops.

A bank transfer or a cash machine withdrawal will cost €1.80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 sheeplover

I think that an other possibility is having the won amount on your betting account, but OK, if it's a lot of money it's better if you get it soon :D

But other question, does somebody now how much credit on the Paysafecard is necessary when you want to put money on a new betting account?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonanon

Another method of depositing money into your betfair accound is through Paypal..But theres a charge of 1.5% of the deposit amount..
    If you link your paypal account to your bank account your winnings can be paid to your bank acc via paypal
    Downside is it takes 3/4 days to transfer to your bank acc

Always fees for transferring the money where?
    (...)
    A bank transfer or a cash machine withdrawal will cost €1.80.
    ^^^ This is what I meant. Not every transfer, but withdrawals. Thanks for clearing that :)
    sheeplover wrote: »
    But other question, does somebody now how much credit on the Paysafecard is necessary when you want to put money on a new betting account?
    on bwin is 10 euros, it shouldn't be more than that on Betfair as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Silly question perhaps,my Betfair account is suspended and I've money to withdraw.Its suspended as I havent verified my age,does it have to be a card in my name to unlock it do you know or can it be anyones?

Im pretty sure it would have to be in mine,but asking just in case others have slipped thru the same net!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

anonanon wrote: »
    Another method of depositing money into your betfair accound is through Paypal..But theres a charge of 1.5% of the deposit amount..
    If you link your paypal account to your bank account your winnings can be paid to your bank acc via paypal
    Downside is it takes 3/4 days to transfer to your bank acc
    Paypal are bastards, 1.5% will add up fairly quickly if you're making a few deposits. Has to be moneybookers, they don't charge a fee for depositing or withdrawing to any bookies.

Btw, if anyone wants to open an account use this refferal code and I'll get a few cent! - 11891467 :)

Advertisement