Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help sourcing 100 odd bottles of wine

Options
  • 22-04-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I need to get wine for a party probably 24 bottles of cava and 72 bottles of red and white. Anyone have any reccomendations? Price is important but not muck I was thinking freixenet cava chillian red and then i suppose something drinkable in a chardonay.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Aldi are doing a reasonable bubbly Philip Michael or something like that.

Won't set the world on fire but for me better than freixenet ... so pop in to your nearest Aldi, drop 10Euro for a bottle and give it a go

However let me predicate that with I usually find Cava too sweet so it really is down to taste.

I'll let others lead you on the wines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

the dry, black bottle freixenet is far from sweet but i'm a beer drinker so I'll try that stuff thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Probably worth a trip to Calais tbh

i was thinking that myself

but what are we looking at dublin - holyhead landbridge to dover then ferry to calais

seems a lot of hassel

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

I know that Searson's in Monkstown will give out discount if you buy in bulk, also they will deliver if you but more that 12 bottles.

[HTML]http://www.searsons.com/[/HTML]

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's a bunch of online suppliers in Ireland that would be happy to deliver to you.

ones I can vouch for:

Bubble Brothers

Curious Wines

Karwig Wines

It would be worth contacting them for offers on quantity too. You'll get at least a few quid off on a delivery like that.

I'm not affiliated with any of them.

Thanks guys
    all reccomendations are very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FLCP

Thanks guys
    all reccomendations are very welcome.

If you can make the logistics work then majestic wines in the Uk is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

If you're in Dublin why not check out Cellars in Dublin 12

They are a wine supermarket and have a huuuuuuge selection...

Pricelist

I saw them I had a friend comming back from spain through cherbourg but then the poxy rules chnaged and now he's flying back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement