Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP User Accounts

Options
  • 22-04-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi All

Two questions:

1. I reinstalled XP Home on my PC and during the install I created 3 User Accounts called Admin, Martin and Everyone.

However, only Admin and Martin show up on the Welcome screen and in the Control Panel. Both were created with administrator privileges.

When I try to create the 'Everyone' account via the Control Panel it tells me that the account already exists??

Any ideas how I can make this account visible? Or even just how to delete it and try recreating it?

2. Which is more secure? The XP 'Guest' account or creating a Limited User Account yourself?

I always thought Guest was best but some people say otherwise!

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Everyone is a name used to give anyone permissions to stuff, it's a "group" that includes all existing users.

Just use a different name instead.

XP Guest account is known to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭MartyM

Everyone is a name used to give anyone permissions to stuff, it's a "group" that includes all existing users.

Just use a different name instead..
    Thanks for the info on the "Everyone" naming convention! I will choose another one!

XP Guest account is known to exist.
    I dont understand. I was asking for security purposes, which is better to use, the XP Guest account or a manually created Limited account. The account will be used by other people, so I want them to use the safest most restricted account.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

A restricted user account would be best. Guest accounts open to many holes in the OS.

MC

Advertisement