Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epic Quest Chains

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Nearly at level cap now, 74, almost 75, currently in the dragonblight. Finished the Wrathgate chain/Battle for the Undercity last night, and was well impressed by the events - first time I felt any real sence of epicness in the storyline (i generally grab all the quests without caring too much about why i'm doing what I'm doing - but once a chain builds up I get a bit interested...)

My question is: what other epic quests/chains should i make sure i do - for example, I was 74 coming out of howling fjord and contemplated skipping the dragonblight for grizzly hills - so glad i didn't now. What other quests/chains/events should i make sure to do - remembering this is all first time for me.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

IMO, the Mathias Lehner quest chain in Icecrown is really good. It's not as long as the combined quest chains required for the Wrathgate event, but there's some really cool stuff there (and fun quests too :))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's one in Zul'whatsit as well, where you free a Storm Giant and go kill hundreds of scourge. One in Scholozar as well iirc. None are quite as epic as Wrathgate, but they are still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

One in Scholozar as well iirc
    The Etymidean(?) chain? If so, /agree - I love that quest chain, well worth doing if you have to patience to deal with A LOT of flying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Somehow I've managed to completely miss that one! I did all the BT quests, but only a handful in the Dragon blight or Grizzly Hill. I got to Sholozar basin a bit early, so I just farmed leather for a bit till I dinged 76, and the got the flight path from Dalaran open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I wish i had the patience for questing. But when you have done them all once, its very hard to get motivated to do them 7 more times :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

The chain quest that ends in dragonblight is pretty cool, the one that ends with the big dragon and cut sequence, have no idea where i started it or what its called!

Anti wrote: »
    I wish i had the patience for questing. But when you have done them all once, its very hard to get motivated to do them 7 more times :(

Ah it's no worse than doing the same instance over and over and over and over... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Another one for the list - the one in Grizzly hills where you are gathering things for Drakuru, which cumulates with a trip into Drak'Tharon and a scene involving Drakuru and the Lich King. Its a quest chain that advances the plot somewhat, with a follow-up quest chain in Zul'Drak to see what happened to (Overlord) Drakuru.

Complete both chains for this achievement: http://75.126.141.204/ach1596

Dave

The last quests in Sholozar are fairly epic as well, after the Nesingwary quests, you get quests with The Avatar of Freya, where you end up teleporting back to Ungoro to collect a Titan weapon, which you can then use against the Scourge...

I guess I could do the GH and ZD quests with an alt some time!

Advertisement