Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water pump issue

• 22-04-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I live in an apartment and usually after using water, a tap, flushing the toilet etc, the water pump kicks in for about a minute or so then stops. That's how it normally works. Recently though, it starts, goes for about 3-5 seconds then stops very abruptly. This happens every minute or so for a long time. Does anybody know what the issue might be here.

I think this used to happen intermittently in the past, but if I lifted the cistern lid and pressed down on something, it kicked off the normal process, thats not really working now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

You figure out a solution to this OP?

I have a pump that's behaving kind of erratic too, usually it just runs when we're having a shower. But lately it's been going off for 2/3 seconds every few hours.
    Checked that none of the hot taps are dripping.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

have you recently instlled an new appliences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

asharkman wrote: »
    You figure out a solution to this OP?

I have a pump that's behaving kind of erratic too, usually it just runs when we're having a shower. But lately it's been going off for 2/3 seconds every few hours.
    Checked that none of the hot taps are dripping.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have same issue and just found this thread. My pump is a Stuart Monsoon N1.5 twin export. Worst thing scenario is there is a leak. I am pretty sure that is not the case. Live in an apartment and would have noticed by now.

Probable cause "from their website"

Leak in system.
    Low pre-charge pressure in
    pressure vessel.
    Debris under non-return
    valve sealing face

Solution
    Check tap washers, w/c valve washers, pipe joints.
    Check pre-charge pressure in pressure vessel
    (see maintenance section).
    Run at full flow to try and flush away debris or remove,
    clean or replace non-return valve.

If you have this pump there is a lot of info on their website.

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/products/monsoon/s15-bar-twin

Hope this helps

Advertisement