Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Weeks and no symptoms - worried

Options
  • 22-04-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there,

I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant and I've had very few symptons apart from sore boobs and some constipation and I'm getting a wee bit anxious..

I have an early scan booked in a couple of weeks as I had a miscarriage last year so am pretty scared anyway but the lack of sickness etc is worrying me :(

As I've said already by boobs have become quite sore and have gotten bigger and they seem to really come to life at night for some reason, I find it hard to get comfy sometimes.. I also wake up more often for the loo (no 1 only :o unfortunately (sorry tmi))

I have had some degree of fatigue but nothing to write home about so to speak.. I find myself a little more tired in the evenings but during the day I'm fine..

I hear stories of women at my stage who are throwing up and suffering severe fatigue etc and it freaks me out.. I guess I'm just so terrified of losing another one..

How 'normal' is this? I'd be interested to hear other womens stories.. I never thought I'd ever find myself praying to feel sick but there ya go :(

Thank you for any replies x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

enjoy not feeling sick :)

it's still early days, so morning sickness might kick in later.
    or not. as far as i know it's all normal.
    you don't have to get every symptom in the book. I never had sore boobs and the result of that pregnancy is sitting on my lap.
    my mom never had morning sickness while pregnant with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I know 2 weeks after i fall pregnant because i get a metallic taste in my mouth, its that bad i cant even taste my food. (2 weeks from conception 4 weeks pregnant)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Hi, congrats first of all :)

I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was just over two months gone.
    It was only around that stage I began getting sick and feeling tired.

But pregnancy is different for everyone. Some get sick, some dont.
    If you are worried why not pay a trip up to your gp?
    Best of luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hey Hope
    Dont fret!!I wasnt sick at all for any of my pregnancy ...I thought something was wrong with me or that the baby wasnt growing proper but now at 29 weeks i can safely say count yourself lucky you werent sick (You hear some horror stories..Only problem is ive put on loads of weight :D:D)

Congrats and stop worrying..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hope27

Thank so much girls, I know I'm probably just being over anxious, I guess I probably won't be satisfied until I (please God) see signs of life on that screen :o such a nerve wracking time..

Please keep your experiences coming ladies, I need all the reassurance I can get :)

x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Hi Hope, Firstly congratulations! I know exactly how you feel as I have a history of infertility and mcs but am now 20 weeks pregnant and all looking good so far, but have been extremely anxious up to this! But remember morning sickness is just ONE symptom of pregnancy, some get it, some don't, so try not to read too much into it if you're not feeling sick. I had it up until a week or two ago (Never very bad, thankfully!) but it only really started kicking in around week 6 -8 if I remember right! The sore boobs and constipation are a great sign, the boobs were the first thing I noticed along with feeling tired esp. in the evenings as you say.

The scan should really set your mind at rest as once they see a heartbeat chances of mc drop hugely (down to 2-3%) so hope the time flies by for you until then. Have you thought about getting a HCG blood test done in the meantime as that can be reassuring as well?

Very, very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

Hi Hope,

I'm also about 6 weeks pregnant! My due date is 25 Dec :eek:

So far my boobs are really sore, even if I accidently brush them its so painful! I'm not sick at all or even nauseous.

I have my first doctors appointment on monday so hopefully all is well etc and she can confirm my dates.

I have been taking folic acid for a couple of months and got pregnancy vitamins last night to start taking.

TBH although this is a planned pregnancy and i'm really happy about it, since i've found out I am, I have a whole heap of conflicting emotions going on! I balled my eyes out in the work toilets yesterday for no particular reason! We have some financial issues at the moment so its hard to be completely happy till we resolve them but my OH is great and we're so ready to be parents!

I was only TTC for 1 month before getting pregnant so maybe its cos i didn't expect it happen so fast. I'm not a skinny girl (size 12) but I look very bloated at the moment around the belly area. I haven't told anyone yet though my OH told his best friend. Its such a mad time. You think about benig a parent for years and then you plan (or not) to have a child, and then when it happens it feels like a brand new idea!!

Does anyone know if they are still giving the Swine Flu Injection to pregnant woman?

Sorry - I realise this post is all over the place - much like myself at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Evil-p wrote: »
    Hi Hope,

So far my boobs are really sore, even if I accidently brush them its so painful! I'm not sick at all or even nauseous.

I have my first doctors appointment on monday so hopefully all is well etc and she can confirm my dates.

I have been taking folic acid for a couple of months and got pregnancy vitamins last night to start taking.

TBH although this is a planned pregnancy and i'm really happy about it, since i've found out I am, I have a whole heap of conflicting emotions going on! I balled my eyes out in the work toilets yesterday for no particular reason! We have some financial issues at the moment so its hard to be completely happy till we resolve them but my OH is great and we're so ready to be parents!

I was only TTC for 1 month before getting pregnant so maybe its cos i didn't expect it happen so fast. I'm not a skinny girl (size 12) but I look very bloated at the moment around the belly area. I haven't told anyone yet though my OH told his best friend. Its such a mad time. You think about benig a parent for years and then you plan (or not) to have a child, and then when it happens it feels like a brand new idea!!

Does anyone know if they are still giving the Swine Flu Injection to pregnant woman?

Sorry - I realise this post is all over the place - much like myself at the moment!!

Aww, you are me this time last year! Megan was due Dec 25th just gone :)

Aww, you are me this time last year! Megan was due Dec 25th just gone :)

Ah cool. Was she born on her due date? Kinda hoping I might go a couple of days before or after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Hi. I'm probably a bit older than all of you on this thread (let's say my pregnancy days are over:D) but I have a son and a daughter and I had two very, very different pregnancies. On my son I had no symptoms whatsoever, except the missed period! Rather than been sick, I could eat think I never ate and I blossomed. However, my daughter was a totally different story:eek: I was sick even before I missed a period and continued to be sick for the entire nine months - it was torture!
    Moral of the story - every woman is different and every pregnancy is different. Some say that it's easier to carry a boy - not sure how true that is but it certainly was for me. It's all to do with hormones I think.
    If you're not sick count your blessings and enjoy being pregnant - best of luck:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Ah cool. Was she born on her due date? Kinda hoping I might go a couple of days before or after ;)

No! The little scamp didn't make an appearance until the 4th January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hope27

Just a little update, all going ok (I think) so far, been getting quite a few cramps which at first freaked me out but I've read that they're quite normal as long as they're not accompanied by red blood.. No bleeding at all (touch wood)

I've also noticed the end of my belly has started to become quite bloated looking even when I try to suck it in, nothing feels 'solid' yet but I wouldn't expect it to til around week 12 or so I've heard..

Only a week left till my scan :o soooo nervous but getting more hopeful every day..

Cheers again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, about 12 weeks I got that brick feeling! Hope you can just hold out until that scan. Now that I have no more morning sickness, every body has decided to tell me they never had any, so try not to worry.

Once you get the piles and constipation you'll be flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Hope27 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant and I've had very few symptons apart from sore boobs and some constipation and I'm getting a wee bit anxious..
    Hi Hope,

You both sound like my wife, she is also about six weeks and panicking as she isn't feeling any symptoms apart from sore boobs.

She got herself into a panic two nights ago and insisted on doing another test, even after doing 3 already, I can see this being a long 7 months.

I think i'll talk to her about the early scan as it may put her mind at ease, as the stress can't be a good thing.

Evil-p my wifes doc told her not to take the pregnancy vitamins and just to stick with the Folic Acid, not sure why, but that's what he said.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

You both sound like my wife, she is also about six weeks and panicking as she isn't feeling any symptoms apart from sore boobs.

She got herself into a panic two nights ago and insisted on doing another test, even after doing 3 already, I can see this being a long 7 months.

I think i'll talk to her about the early scan as it may put her mind at ease, as the stress can't be a good thing.

Evil-p my wifes doc told her not to take the pregnancy vitamins and just to stick with the Folic Acid, not sure why, but that's what he said.

Your message made me giggle a little! Oh those wonderful care free days of no sickness ;)

Lying in bed with my OH yesterday morning talking about the fact I just didn't feel pregnant and with about 2 seconds warning i started getting sick:eek: Feel like crap ever since, my stomach is constantly churning and feel very delicate all the time! I really really hope i don't have another 6 weeks of this!

Went to the doc earlier this week and all is good. Also got my first appointment in the rotunda for mid-June, I'll be about 12 and a half weeks.

Also doc said since i'm going public i probably won't have a scan till 20 weeks or so she recommended a place in smithfield to go for a private scan about 12 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I do think books like 'What to expect..' while very good are bad for some people. I can see how those lists of symptoms at the start of every section can make somebody feel like somethings wrong if they don't have them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭carrot_flowers

Greetings;
    I'm 3 mo. & 2 days to date pregnant, so just entered the second trimester...and, I'm still suffering horribly from the symptoms. I am personally one of the "horror stories" that you hear about-I've been throwing up 2-6 times a day since day 1 of being pregnant and even had to go to A&E for throwing up large amounts of blood. My breasts are unearthly tender and G-d forbid they get cold....ooohhh that hurts...as for constipation, I can't say I've had a problem with it-I have IBS normally which, even though I'm sure this is TMI, makes me constipated 24/7 unless I take medicine and extra fiber for it, however I am finding myself quite regular since being pregnant as long as I eat enough fruit + veg. I also have fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue...both of which have been ridiculously heightened since being pregnant.

Needless to say, this has been incredibly hard on me, and my poor husband picking up my slack in the kitchen & so. Having heard this from a doctor, approximately 25% of women are lucky enough never to have the "morning" (just morning? bullox...) sickness, and only 1 in every 1,000 has Hyperemisis Gravidarum (severe morning sickness to a point of dehydration, bloody vomit, weight loss, nutritional deficiencies and ect) and I happen to be that lucky 1. Har, har. :( Anyway, since it is normal for about 249.253333 (ect) of that remaining 999 to not experience morning sickness, I would just enjoy that fact. However, I would always advise a trip to the GP as this eased my worries a LOT-despite my condition, my baby is very healthy. It just goes to show, things aren't always as they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

Congratulations Hope27 :)

Im 27 weeks now, and I remember I had no symptoms at all until 10weeks or so. then I suffered badly from nausea all 24 hours for next 14 weeks!!! the only position I was ok was horizontal :D being in bed all day. I was not even vomiting as such. Sometimes bad belch or something similar. I had to snack all the time but small pieces.
    Then I discovered warm water with lemon and ginger, ans smelling oranges and I had some relief.

then one day was less and less and it was gone. and now I experience more soreness then ever. Im not even going to mention but plenty of things, however not all of them.. just yet.

take care of yourself, and DO NOT LET doctors brush you off, especially when you had miscarriage last year. Tell them to check your hormones levels, anything that can be check. it is about YOU not THEM, and miscarriage it isn't so normal like Irish doctors seems to believe. (ancient times really)
    there is a VERY GOOD polish doctor in Dublin if you can afford private clinic. I think heath insurance gives money back for visits.
    (let me know would you be interested in contacting this lady)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Greetings;
    I'm 3 mo. & 2 days to date pregnant, so just entered the second trimester...and, I'm still suffering horribly from the symptoms. I am personally one of the "horror stories" that you hear about-I've been throwing up 2-6 times a day since day 1 of being pregnant and even had to go to A&E for throwing up large amounts of blood. My breasts are unearthly tender and G-d forbid they get cold....ooohhh that hurts...as for constipation, I can't say I've had a problem with it-I have IBS normally which, even though I'm sure this is TMI, makes me constipated 24/7 unless I take medicine and extra fiber for it, however I am finding myself quite regular since being pregnant as long as I eat enough fruit + veg. I also have fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue...both of which have been ridiculously heightened since being pregnant.

Needless to say, this has been incredibly hard on me, and my poor husband picking up my slack in the kitchen & so. Having heard this from a doctor, approximately 25% of women are lucky enough never to have the "morning" (just morning? bullox...) sickness, and only 1 in every 1,000 has Hyperemisis Gravidarum (severe morning sickness to a point of dehydration, bloody vomit, weight loss, nutritional deficiencies and ect) and I happen to be that lucky 1. Har, har. :( Anyway, since it is normal for about 249.253333 (ect) of that remaining 999 to not experience morning sickness, I would just enjoy that fact. However, I would always advise a trip to the GP as this eased my worries a LOT-despite my condition, my baby is very healthy. It just goes to show, things aren't always as they seem.

i had bad bad morning/all day sickness with my last baby, and when it went at about 18 weeks, i got chronic indigestion which meant i couldn't eat either.this lasted til about 5 days after i had him.:rolleyes: but it did wonders for my figure :D lost 2 dress sizes.. was the best diet i never went on!!
    Babies are technically a parasite hence the immune system is surpressed for the pregnancy.. so they get the first of the nutrition that enters the body and mammy get the scrapings :D
    Evil-p i was due on dec24th just gone and i lasted longer than crazy cat lady... he was a full 2 weeks late on jan6th :eek::D
    So the moral is add 2 weeks to your due date and then you won't be chewing the walls waiting for baby ;) and let your husband do all the housework.. you've a great excuse.. play on it.. abuse it to the hilt and enjoy it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭carrot_flowers

cbyrd wrote: »
    i had bad bad morning/all day sickness with my last baby, and when it went at about 18 weeks, i got chronic indigestion which meant i couldn't eat either.this lasted til about 5 days after i had him.:rolleyes: but it did wonders for my figure :D lost 2 dress sizes.. was the best diet i never went on!!
    Babies are technically a parasite hence the immune system is surpressed for the pregnancy.. so they get the first of the nutrition that enters the body and mammy get the scrapings :D
    Evil-p i was due on dec24th just gone and i lasted longer than crazy cat lady... he was a full 2 weeks late on jan6th :eek::D
    So the moral is add 2 weeks to your due date and then you won't be chewing the walls waiting for baby ;) and let your husband do all the housework.. you've a great excuse.. play on it.. abuse it to the hilt and enjoy it!!

LOL :p You're too silly. That's insane that your sickies lasted so long, urgh! How did you survive :eek: shortly after posting that my morning sickness started subsiding-I found a miracle cure, strangely, after nothing else even scathed me I started eating these ginger biscuits that my mum in law sent me over from Cornwall. They kick serious arse, I couldn't eat raw ginger because the spice just made me throw up again but these things are perrrfect. So I have rarely been throwing up since, though I do feel queasy a lot...and now I've got the constipation thing back again >< but, that has an easier remedy with loads of fiber than does "morning" sickness.

That's so odd thinking of the baby as a parasite, though that definition does make sense considering that this little one inside me keeps eating all my food and vitamins :pac: I am naturally on the slim side (pre-pregnancy BMI 20.5) with a small appetite but now all the sudden I am hungry all the time and I just want to eat and eat and eat...I know one is supposed to eat a bit more during pregnancy but I am a bit worried, I don't want to get chunky or worse, unhealthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

cbyrd wrote: »

You should have seen some of the looks I got for calling my unborn child a parasite:eek: Mind you, it was taking all my iron and I was very crabbit!

Advertisement