Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stuff for free or low budget

Options
  • 22-04-2010 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have found so many sites giving free stuff and vouchers and swop shops and cool charity shops, hey there is a recession out there!

Ok, I admit it. I am addicted to free or low budget shopping aka charity shops,

I wonder if you guys want to exchange ' freebie how-tos' here or details for swop shops, charity shops.

I give you a fave swap shop:

Swopshop
    Crow Street Bazaar, 7 Crow Street, Dublin 2 (just off Dame Street, behind the Foggy Dew)
    www.swopshop.ie
    Tel 01 657 87 02

My fave charity shop is in Dundrum. Got a D&G top for €15!

P.s. I am new here and have no friends yet. :( Maybe I should do the facebook and twitter thingy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Do you work there or anything? Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

P.s. I am new here and have no friends yet. :( Maybe I should do the facebook and twitter thingy and advertise some more?
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

You spelled swap wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I wonder if you guys want to exchange ' freebie how-tos' here or details for swop shops, charity shops.

There is a forum that is for that very thing ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 makeup-angel

Hya, oh cool people replied to me! :D

nah, I found it from: http://www.whatshewears.ie/index.php/2010/04/sell-swop-or-designer-consignment-shop/

Been to most of them. The swop shop is just my fave.

Btw, Insurgent, whats your rebellion about??? Can I join the cause? Do we get free stuff???

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    There is a forum that is for that very thing ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

Gee OutlawPete how did you find that????? Cool, I found a new home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Hya, oh cool people replied to me! :D

nah, I found it from: http://www.whatshewears.ie/index.php/2010/04/sell-swop-or-designer-consignment-shop/

Been to most of them. The swop shop is just my fave.

Btw, Insurgent, whats your rebellion about??? Can I join the cause? Do we get free stuff???

Hi Makeup angle.

Does the swap shop you work in do electrical equipment or is it just dedicated to fashion?

P.s. I am new here and have no friends yet. :( Maybe I should do the facebook and twitter thingy

Going by your username.

You might like the following forum also .. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

yer email address might be in the screenshot

Slydice wrote: »
    yer email address might be in the screenshot

Oops :o

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moving to Fashion from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hya Makeup Angel, welcome to Fashion & Appearance (F&A). One of the mods of the After Hours forum moved your post over here where it's better suited.
    First, there is a forum specificly for bargan alerts as pointed out by OutlawPete. Here in F&A we also have a thread for promotional codes etc. that you might find useful.

Please READ the forum charter particulary the bit about spamming the forum and then make yerself at home.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Hi OldGoat, thanks for the links. In my element now!

Sorry to the mods or whatever you guys are called. Posting in wrong place is sooooooooo last year. :o

ocokev sweetie I havent a clue where you can get electrical equipment on the cheap. If you find out let me know as I won't be seen dead around plugs and all that ridiculous useless stuff.

I am a lady of leisure. My previous employers went bang, something to do with bad management recession. Hey, anybody got a link for the jobs section here??????

I still have no friends in boards.ie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

Hi OldGoat, thanks for the links. In my element now!

Sorry to the mods or whatever you guys are called. Posting in wrong place is sooooooooo last year. :o

ocokev sweetie I havent a clue where you can get electrical equipment on the cheap. If you find out let me know as I won't be seen dead around plugs and all that ridiculous useless stuff.

I am a lady of leisure. My previous employers went bang, something to do with bad management recession. Hey, anybody got a link for the jobs section here??????

I still have no friends in boards.ie :(
    I've added you there now, i'm new here myself!

Yeah i've heard about that swapshop, good for going to if you have designer clothes you want to get rid of.

EDIT - I see there's high street stuff there also, hmm might be worth a look!

Hooray I have one friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I go to the swap shops and charities on Saturdays early. If they have displays they normaly sell it off on selected Saturdays and tends to be good stuff.

I love doing expeditions as well. Like walking around an area I don't know and finding their charity shops/swap shops. It's great fun and something different. Town gets boring me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just want to point out that there is an OffTopic social chatty type thread called 'The Chatwalk' stickied at the top of the forum. It's been a bit quiet there lately but posting there is better for a bit of banter then taking this thread off topic.
    :)

Mod Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry. :-(
    Still a useful pointer though. :-)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement