Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge Piercing Problem!

Options
  • 22-04-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I got my bridge pierced a year ago and for the last few weeks I've noticed it's become crooked, very often it bleeds and hurts. I'm pretty sure it's either migrating on one side or growing out. The other side is fine.

What I want to know is if I let it heal up would I be able to re-pierce it or would the scar tissue be a problem?

I absolutely love this piercing and would hate to not be able to get it done again :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Saaron wrote: »
    I got my bridge pierced a year ago and for the last few weeks I've noticed it's become crooked, very often it bleeds and hurts. I'm pretty sure it's either migrating on one side or growing out. The other side is fine.

What I want to know is if I let it heal up would I be able to re-pierce it or would the scar tissue be a problem?

I absolutely love this piercing and would hate to not be able to get it done again :(

Ok, firstly take it to a piercer. They'll be able to tell you if it's migrating or infected straight away. But it sounds like it could be.
    Is there any whiteish gunk coming out in the blood? That's a good sign of an infection.

Repiercing through scar tissue isn't much of a problem. Can hurt a bit more though. But The piercer will prob try an avoid it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

When I get home to Dublin I might go get some advice.
    Right now it's swollen a bit, and quite red. Not much white gunk. Mostly a tiny bit of blood.

I'm really tempted to take it out now just so I can let it heal and get it redone. It's also quite sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you think there's any chance that it might be infected, DO NOT take it out or let it close up, as this would close any nastyness inside, whereas it can get out now with the holes from the piercing.

Advertisement