Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Questions RE: O2 and Vodafone

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

My contract with Vodafone is up in May. I see that O2 have the iPhone 3GS for €40 a month and unlimited internet access while Vodafone is €45 per month with 2Gb. I'm tempted to move to O2.

How does O2 and the unlimited access perform? Between Vodafone and O2 who provides the best iPhone service?

Is the 3GS battery life ok (note I will be turning off WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth and reducing brightness when not needed - so hopefully that will help)?

Also, can you have an iPhone and an iTouch synching from the same laptop?

Any comments?

Would you ... 36 votes

Go for the iPhone with O2
    0% 0 votes
    Go for the iPhone with Vodafone
    13% 5 votes
    Wait for iPhone 4G in June
    16% 6 votes
    Not buy an iPhone at all
    69% 25 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bradedwards

Do you want an iPhone 4G or are you just curious about price drops?
    I was told by a mobile shop that there may be a price drop of the 3Gs when the 4G is released but they could not confirm for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

I don't want a 4G - not interested at all - just wondering if the price will change significnatly

PLUS

Will OS4 work on the 3GS ?

My main query related to the Operators - do I stick with Vodafone or move to O2, saving 60 quid a year on bills.???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had a "conversation" with VF yesterday over a few problems I had. They tried to give me the soft sell with an upgrade and how well they had done with the iPhone. He seemed quite irate when I pointed out how useless the lowest tariff is, and that it was a disgrace that they were allowed to charge almost identical prices for the iPhone and associated tariffs. I think I'll have a look at Three when the new iPhone is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think I'll have a look at Three when the new iPhone is released.

Should have been in the poll:rolleyes: Got the 3GS on an upgrade 12mt contract from 3, 11 more months and I can get the 4G

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

smdweb wrote: »
    My contract with Vodafone is up in May. I see that O2 have the iPhone 3GS for €40 a month and unlimited internet access while Vodafone is €45 per month with 2Gb. I'm tempted to move to O2.

How does O2 and the unlimited access perform? Between Vodafone and O2 who provides the best iPhone service?

Is the 3GS battery life ok (note I will be turning off WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth and reducing brightness when not needed - so hopefully that will help)?

Also, can you have an iPhone and an iTouch synching from the same laptop?

Any comments?

Also, O2 isn't unlimited, its 3GB limit.

• Advertisement

I think based on what I have heard (and since I don't want a 4G) I might get the 3Gs.

Vodafone or O2 - I'd save €60 a year on O2 which isn't much since I have good experience with Vodafone already is it worth the hassle.

Anyone already with O2/VF on the iPhone - how is it comparing etc ?

thanks for all the feedback !

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

i on vodafone prepay with one iphone and 02 billpay with the other. Everything is steering me towards changing the bill phone to vodafone also.. coverage, customer service etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't want a 4G - not interested at all - just wondering if the price will change significnatly

How can you be interested in a 3GS and "not interested at all" in a 4G :confused:

My contract is up in May and want to upgrade at that time. New iPhone won't be out until June and also I don't like the look of the Gizmodo version I saw on the web.

Also, the OS4 will be available on the 3GS and thats enough for me!

My contract is up in May and want to upgrade at that time. New iPhone won't be out until June and also I don't like the look of the Gizmodo version I saw on the web.

Also, the OS4 will be available on the 3GS and thats enough for me!

I personally think it's terribly foolish to not wait three or four weeks to see what is on offer in the next generation phone before tying yourself to a long term contract.

Best of luck though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I cannot compare exactly the same between O2 and Vodafone, I have an iPhone 3G on O2 and mobile broadband on a stick for my laptop on Vodafone.

Both had been unlimited and the same price, Vodafone brought in a 3GB cap and dropped the stick to just €15 a month ~

Service wise the Vodafone was an is excellent and I can download in poor areas where my iPhone 3G does not work, the 3G service from the iPhone has been very scattered and is often on Edge where my laptop is on 3G from the same spot ~ I do not know if this is iPhone related and if it is improved in the 3Gs or G4 models. I do not know if it is the service provider as I do not have two iPhones to compare.

Thanks for all the comments. Everything I have seen on the 4G I don't like also putting OS4 on the 3gS will be grand for me. My main worry was 3G coverage and performance of the iPhone 3GS on the 2 main networks ... which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Thanks for all the comments. Everything I have seen on the 4G I don't like also putting OS4 on the 3gS will be grand for me. My main worry was 3G coverage and performance of the iPhone 3GS on the 2 main networks ... which is better?

Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

whiterebel wrote: »
    Also, O2 isn't unlimited, its 3GB limit.
    New tariff is unlimited - nothing in T&C's to say otherwise

Other plus is that you have unlimited O2 talk and text

lemeister wrote: »

What new tariff - I think you're wrong about that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

lemeister wrote: »

There is fair usage limit of 3GB. You will not be charged for exceeding it but if you abuse this limit consistantly we may introduce a charge. It is in the terms.

Advertisement